“BE THE SHIELD OF THE NATION”
INVITATION TO JOIN THE BOTSWANA DEFENCE FORCE
LIMITED VACANCIES FOR RECRUIT PRIVATES
-Potential Candidates should possess BGCSE or Equivalent with a minimum of 24 Points
-Any other qualification will be added advantage
a. Botswana Citizens both male and female (with no dual citizenship)
b. Should be in possession of a valid National ID card (Omang).
c. Aged between 18-24 years.
d. Be physically and mentally fit.
e. No adverse criminal records
f. Minimum height of 165 cm for males and 160 cm for females
g. Minimum body weight of 55 Kg for males and 45 Kg for females.
h. All candidates shall undergo the selection process which includes both physical fitness assessment and comprehensive medical examination.
j. Female candidates must not be pregnant at recruitment.
KEY SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
A skilled and adaptable team player, who is resilient, composed, trustworthy with integrity and selfless commitment to work.
REMUNERATION, BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES
BDF offers competitive remuneration and benefit packages commensurate with qualification over and above the following;
a. Free accommodation and subsidised utilities
b. Professional and academic growth
c. Local and international exposure
d. 20% BDF allowance
e. Free advanced medical care
MANDATORY TRAINING: Successful candidates will have to undergo a 6 months Basic Military Training. On completion of training Privates must be ready to serve in various geographic locations and environmental conditions.
NB: As part of National HIV Prevention Campaign, the BDF encourage recruits candidates to undergo Voluntary Safe Male Circumcision prior to recruitment. (However, Non circumcision is not a disqualifying criterion).
Certified copies of relevant educational certificates/documents, transcripts, CV, references and a valid National identity card (Omang) must be enclosed in the application and forwarded by Post to:
Botswana Defence Force
Reference: PVT-Recruit Vacancy 1/16
Private Bag X06
Closing date: 30 September 2016
Hand deliveries will not be allowed.
Only successful candidates will be shortlisted for selection.
For Enquiries call 3662135/71373483
Powered by Jobs Botswana
ASSISTANT SECURITY OFFICER-ACCESS CONTROL
* REF: KDM 021
* Tenable in Letlhakane
* BOTETI MINING
• Diploma/ degree in Security Management, Criminology, Policing, Law or equivalent qualification.
• Previous experience in a diamond mine desirable.
• At least Two (2) years’experience in a similar position with at least one (1) year at security guard or equivalent level.
• Good computer skills.
Responsible for provision of an effective and efficient security service such as provision of escort services, searches, patrol activities, safe guarding company product and assets by controlling movement of people and goods in and out of the security areas in accordance with company standards and policies.
• Access controls results.
• Surveillance results.
• Search and screening results
• Customer service.
• Safety, Health & Environment
• Communication and IT/computer skills
• Customer Service
• Attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY
Submit an Application
Certified Copies of Certificates
Clearly indicating the position applied for as well as the reference number on the email subject line
Only short listed candidates will be responded to
CLOSING DATE: 28.JULY.2016
* Bolux Group
Min of FORM-5/BGCSE/O-Level
A Basic Business Administration or Secretarial Studies
At least two (2) years Experience in a similar position.
The candidate must also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be a self motivated team player with the ability to multi task and pay attention to details
•To provide clerical and administrative support to the Maintenance department for the purpose of upkeep of the maintenance system.
• Maintenance and retrieval of information and documents as well as generic filing and neat record keeping.
• Generation, print out and daily issuing of corrective and preventative maintenance job cards.
• Transfer of information from completed job cards (history cards) to electronic systems.
• Assist with arranging appointments and keeping diaries for the Maintenance department.
• Review and check data for deficiencies, resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures and returning incomplete job cards (history cards) to the foreman for resolution.
• Monitoring and administration of maintenance weekly clock reports as well as an up to date asset register on Service Manager. • Ensure follow up on progress, corrective action and report recommendations.
• Handle telephone and email enquiries for job cards requests.
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a Comprehensive Application
The Human Resources Officer
Bolux Group (Pty) Ltd
Private Bag X01,
CLOSING DATE: 05 AUGUST.2016