The Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA) is a parastatal organisation under the Ministry of Tertiary Education Research Science and Technology (MoTERST). It started operating in November 2013 and draws its mandate from the BQA Act No.24 of 2013. Its main objectives are to provide for and maintain a National Credit and Qualifications Framework (NCQF) and to coordinate the Education, Training and Skills Development Quality Assurance System.
The BQA invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Manager Information Technology (Re –advertisement)
To plan, organise and coordinate the provision of IT services in an effective and efficient manner that will ensure maximum access to users.
Key Performance Indicators
· IT security and data integrity.
· Quick and efficient support on networks and services, databases and systems.
· Cost effectiveness of computerization plan.
· Development of and compliance with systems, rules and regulations, procedures, guidelines and instruments.
· At least a Master’s Degree in a computer related field or a combination of a first Degree in an IT related field and a Master’s Degree in either Management or MBA or any other equivalent qualification acceptable to BQA.
· Professional certification in an IT related fields would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in IT, four (4) of which should have been in a supervisory role.
· Knowledge of the IT systems, programmes, applications, software and hardware
- Team building, leadership and motivation
- People management and interpersonal skills
- Planning, organising, budgeting and resource management
- Results oriented and performance driven
- Service oriented and client focus
- Creativity, innovation, flexibility and analytical thinking
- Communication, influence, impact, and relationship building
- Decisiveness and assertiveness
The following information applies to all positions:
BQA offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities and challenges of the job.
Terms of employment
Fixed term contract of 1-5 years
Applications with CVs, list of referees and certified copies of certificates and Omang should be forwarded on or before Tuesday 3rdFebruary 2017 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Botswana Qualifications Authority
Private Bag BO 340
Office No. S33 (2nd Floor)
Plot 66450, Block 7, Gaborone
Tel: 365 7200
N.B. Preference for interviews will be given to applicants who address the main duties/key performance indicators of the position as part of their application. Applicants should specify what experiences have equipped them to effectively perform in the role. We regret that due to an anticipated overwhelming response, BQA shall only enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates. BQA shall not return any applications and associated documentation submitted by applicants.