DAI is a global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Objectives of the role:
- Address the EU Terms of Reference requirements for Pillar Assessment contracted by an entity requesting to be entrusted with implementation of EU Budget under Indirect Management. These TOR are standard requirements for EU Pillar assessment. It is a requirement of this assignment that these be applied.
- Assist the Secretariat to complete, ensuring quality of the completed Annex 2a – Assessment Questionnaire to be provided by SADC to the Auditor. The expert must ensure that the quality is sufficient to satisfy the requirements of the Pillar Assessment criteria as specified in the TOR.
- Assess the design and operational effectiveness of the 7 Pillar areas to be assessed including relevant systems, controls, rules and procedures of SADC in line with the EU requirements.
- Report on all areas of material weaknesses or deficiencies in the systems, controls, rules and procedures and address or propose remedial action before SADC undergoes the Pillar assessment scheduled for late 2016.
Length of the project:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a University Degree of at least four (4) years in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Public or Business Administration or equivalent in related subject;
- Must be computer literate: Competency in word processing and spread sheet applications is essential;
- A Master’s degree or post graduate qualification in Business Administration, Audit or Financial Management will be an added advantage;
General Professional Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience with a focus on Institutional Assessment, Public Audit and Public Financial Management ;
- Demonstrated professional experience in the conduct and implementation of EC Pillar Assessments in Government or International Organisations. Experience in preparing organisational readiness for Pillar Assessment is also a requirement for this assignment;
Specific Professional Experience:
- Professional experience in EC Pillar Institutional Assessment of International Organisations under joint –financing mode is essential;
- Having performed a similar assessment in regard to EC Pillar Assessment in a public institution or International organisation is required;
- Professional experience in institutional strengthening and capacity building for pillar compliance for public and private institutions;
How to apply:
Upload last version of updated CV
Deadline for Application:
Friday 4th November
“Please note that all profiles are indicative only and therefore subject to change once the ToR is made available.”