Provide an efficient, cost-effective and technically proficient credit support service to SME Tier 1 market borrowers, with a strong focus on risk management and early identification of potential bad debts (in partnership with Credit modules and the Retail Credit Centre), thereby freeing the frontline to focus on fulfilling the needs of creditworthy customers. Understand and assess the risks associated with lending and maintain, monitor and assess the system of risk control. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Customer service and efficiency
- Renew customer limits timeously.
- Educate customers on the referral report about appropriate account behaviour.
- Adhere to the Code of Banking Practice in all interactions with customers and ensure that the terms and conditions of credit arrangements are understood and accepted
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act licence categories.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensure proper record keeping in terms of Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act as well as the Financial Intelligence Centre Act requirements
Lending support and risk management
- Evaluate and manage the bank’s risk when lending, in close co-operation with Credit modules and the Retail Credit Centre.
- Ensure that initial arrears recovery procedures are followed.
- Refer non-performing loans (over laid-down limits) to Managed Accounts as soon as possible.
- Early detection of potential bad debts
- Monitor daily excesses and authority-sought requests to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit/ in conjunction with the Credit Modules.
- Complete Annual credit reviews for the portfolio.
- Accurately and efficiently collating and checking securities documentation and mandates for banking facilities.
- Analysing business and financial information e.g. balance sheets, financial statements and management accounts, to prepare and motivate non-scored credit applications in line with Credit requirements.
- Prompt turnaround time of applications, referrals and hand – overs.
- Credit KRA met and number of accounts in high-risk BRI reduced by proactive limitisation and credit management
- Accurate interest rates, review dates, limits, reduction orders, customer records etc
- Control of facility letters and all correspondence to clients.
- Monitoring of daily excesses and authority sought’s to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit. Completes annual credit reviews for the portfolio.
- Action all credit-related reports according to laid-down procedures
- Ensure that all customer files are up to date and easily accessible.
- Mining customer portfolio data to identify opportunities for additional facilities. Sales leads passed on timeously
- Explaining, promoting and selling a range of standard SBSA product offerings that meet the financial needs of small and medium enterprise customers. Cross-selling additional value adding products & services to existing customers to assist them in growing their businesses, selling also includes assisting Business Bankers in the Branch with acquiring and opening new business accounts on a face-to face basis
- Identifying sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking; SBFC; SBIB etc.
- Positive Internal Audit and Compliance report findings (rated Satisfactory or above).
- Satisfied, well-informed customers.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- 1st Degree in commercial degree or commercial qualification (CAIB) is an advantage.
- COP Qualification
- 3 – 4 Years branch banking experience, with exposure to frontline and sales support.
- Good knowledge of general banking practices and procedures.
- Good numerical skills and financial acumen to analyse and evaluate financial statements and balance sheets.
- A thorough working knowledge of standardised business banking products.
- Good knowledge of Personal Banking product offerings.
- A basic knowledge/ awareness of financial investment options, vehicle and asset finance and electronic banking options for lead generation purposes.
- A basic knowledge of competitor offerings.
- A sound working knowledge and understanding of Credit principles and practices, including an understanding of credit application, securities and balance sheet requirements, as well as a good knowledge of behavioural scoring.
- A good working knowledge of the BDS system and screens to capture and access customer account information.
- A basic knowledge and understanding of the Companies and Intellectual Properties Registration Act (CIPRO) for correct documentation/ mandate preparation purposes.
- Managing Local Market (MLM) sales principles and practices to manage and optimise portfolio retention and growth.
- Knowledge of how to use the Group Reference Guide to access/ look up relevant information.