To manage the accounting function of the Services sections to ensure an effective accounting service
• Degree in Accounting or equivalent
• 5 years accounting experience
• Registration with the Botswana Institute of Accountants (B.I.A)
• SAP knowledge will be an added advantage
Key Effectiveness Areas And Competencies
Key Effectiveness Areas:
• Finalises and accumulates financial information to make adjustments, close and balance off General
Ledger Accounts and period end
• Manages the effectiveness of the Cash Management Function to enhance cash optimisation
• Collaborates with relevant stakeholders in establishing functional area specific policies and procedures
and makes informed decisions and recommendations regarding existing policies
• Identifies and manages the implementation of and adherence to legislative and corporate governance
• Provides a cost control services
• Initiates, monitors and controls short terms sectional projects
• Manages subordinates’ key effectiveness areas by setting, monitoring and reviewing performance and
taking remedial action as necessary
• Adheres to all Safety, Health & Environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility
• Communication skills
• Conceptual skills
• Time management
• Empathy( Hospitality)
Debswana Diamond Company – Orapa, Letlhakane and Damtshaa Mines would like to invite suitable qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individual to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Closing date and application instructions
Please reference OLDM0000395 in the subject line on both the email and application letter.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply enclosing a current curriculum vitae and
certified copies of certificates: please indicate the position on the email subject.
• Email: recruitmentOLM@debswana.bw • Closing Date: 16 April 2017• NB: Only short listed candidates will be responded to.