BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the supervision of the Supervisory Budget Analyst maintains cuff records for various Agencies accounts. Work involves maintaining up-to-date status of funds reports, preparing required reports and spreadsheets for cuff records as well as determining quarterly obligations for recurring expenses. Analyze expenditures against established obligations/budgets and make adjustments as needed. Assists in the compilation and preparation of worksheets required for financial plans, budget preparation and periodic reviews.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
1. EDUCATION: Four year university with degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Three years progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance, or related fiscal work.
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV English is required (fluent both written and spoken).
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Proficient in Excel and Word programs is a must. Ability to research, read, and interpret regulations. Ability to use the Internet. A deep sense of customer service and ability to provide such services and address issues with courtesy and patience.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have knowledge of United State Government regulations governing financial management as interpreted in the FAM, Standardized Regulations, GAO decisions, an understanding of Appropriations Law and bureau, serviced Agencies and post policies and directives.