Japan International Cooperation Agency
JICA Botswana invites highly motivated and suitable candidate for the below mentioned vacancy.
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY / ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
To provide administrative and secretarial duties, and to assist accounting duties for the office.
• To perform receptionist and secretarial duties for the office with appropriate manner, e.g. correspond with other parties, provide necessary information to the public and to JICA personnel, and others.
• To support accounting procedures and daily transactions for the office.
• To execute tasks in relation to administration and personnel for the office.
• To communicate effectively and tactfully with the general public and government officials.
• To procure necessary items and to make agreements with related organizations in accordance with regulation
• To execute payment related to the office affairs.
• Any other office duties instructed by JICA.
The ideal candidate should:
• Be a Botswana Citizen with a valid Botswana ID and passport
• Be between the ages of 25 and 33
• At least three (3) years relevant work experience
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or relevant qualifications
•have good health,and be energetic
•be proficient in English,both verbal and written
• Have good computer skills in at least Word, Excel and Power Point
•have financial acumen,and be attentiveto detail and accuracy
•be flexible in adapting to changing policies and procedures
•be respectful of deadlines and meticulous on reporting
•have the ability to articulate requests via email,and conduct searches via the internet
•be willing to accept instructions but still have the ability to exercise initiative and proactiveness
•be disciplined to work in an open-plan environment
•be a team player,and be able to work independently
•have excellent interpersonal skills,preferably with previous exposure to other cultures,and be passionate to promote friendship and goodwill among cultures
Commencement of work: 1st June 2017. Negotiable.
A valid application must include the following documents:
1. Detailed CV with an ID photo (4×3 centimetres)
2. Certified copies of academic qualifications (certificates, and academic transcripts).If not in English,attach certified English translation).
3. Certified copies of National Identity Card or a National Passport
4. Reasons for your application and how you would like to contribute to JICA’s activities (must be typed in English and signed, maximum A4 one page).
5.Two traceable references(recommenders contact details must be shown).All documents must be submitted at once with vacancy position indicated on the envelope.No partial submission will be accepted.
Application must be sent either by courier or hand delivered to:
JICA Botswana Office
Private Bag 00369, Gaborone, Botswana
5th Floor, Fairscape Precinct Building 2
Plot 70667 Fairgrounds, Gaborone, Botswana
Deadline of application: 28 April 2017
For enquiries,contact Mr Mothusi Tiyedze,Programme Officer
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to