Atlas Copco Botswana is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of: After Market Manager: Mining and Rock Excavation Service.
The successful candidate will be responsible to develop and implement a quality service market strategy to ensure that the company meets its business goals in this country, in terms of a sustainable growth and profitable business for the Service Division.
All functions of the aftermarket business for URE
Service and components to the regions underground mining and Surface mining markets. Financial performance of Atlas Copco Service business in Botswana and nominated related markets.
- Preparation and management of sales plan and cost budgets.
- Cost function (and recovery) for service, technical service and parts marketing.
- Sales and marketing of aftermarket products including; service contracts, exchange program, remanufacturing, assembly, fixed repairs, field service, fabrication, O/C part sales and training.
- Development of new aftermarket products based on market requirements.
- Warranty administration for URE,
- Technical reporting and issue resolution both internal and to PC.
- Develop the companies QA policy and procedures, to ensure compliance with our registered standards, this in keeping with a developed working risk and assessment process for all service operations.
- Internal and external training.
- Support to prime marketing group on new equipment sales c/w aftermarket support packages, local modifications, startups, etc.
- Liaise with PC on aftermarket product development, pricing and support.
- Create a market strategy for the Service markets in keeping with a business plan for the scope of business involved and execute this plan operationally .
- Establish business goals in terms of market share and consolidated profitability .
- Develop a strong and knowledgeable Service Company organization in keeping with the market and internal operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain close communication and cooperation with Business Managers of the other Atlas Copco product lines.
- Operationally manage the human and physical assets of the company as required to achieve these business goals.
- Manage, coach, train and develop the organisation to ensure that it is consistent with our company culture and towards the goals required within the region.
- Within the context of the management team, participate in the overall management of MRS in a co-operative manner to achieve the overall business goals.
- Provide backup support for, and co-operate in a team effort with management team. Act on behalf of peer group members in their absence as and when called upon to do so whatever the circumstance.
- Safeguard the overall assets of the company in general and not reveal information to outside parties, which could be harmful to the company.
- To carry out additional duties as may become necessary to ensure the successful operation of the company
- To undertake ad-hoc project work and perform related duties as required
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has an excellent level of knowledge of the construction and mining service industry and the related industry practises.
- Has proven experience of the aftermarket and has forged excellent customer development and relations
- Is PC literate, including MS Office, Lotus Notes etc
- Has previous experience of developing, motivating and managing a winning team
- Has a excellent standard of presentation, communication & interpersonal skills
- Is self motivated
- Has good planning & organising skills
- Vast experience of managing Service Contracts
- Knowledge of Atlas Copco Underground and Surface machinery
- Knowledge / Educational requirements
- The successful candidate should either be educated to degree level, or equivalent – ideally within a business related area, with at least a minimum of 10+ year’s management experience in trackless Mining.
- outgoing personality
- have a positive attitude and commitment
- be a team player with good relation building skills
Atlas Copco Botswana (Pty) Ltd is part of the Atlas Copco Group and is dedicated to the sales, service and business marketing of various mining and construction products. The company has a Global reach spanning 180 Countries with over 45 000 employees.
Closing date and application instructions
Learn more at:
Closing Date: 17 September 2016. Applications and detailed CVs may be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If no response is received within two weeks, the application should be deemed to have been unsuccessful.