MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, NATURAL RESOURCES CONSERVATION AND TOURISM
DEPARTMENT OF WILDLIFE AND NATIONAL PARKS
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO: 5 OF 2016
REF: WP/ADM 1/2/3 IV (2) DATE: 01 November 2016
TO: All Permanent Secretaries
All Heads of Departments
VACANCY: AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN X2 GABORONE
Applications are invited from qualified and competent Batswana citizens for the above mentioned position in the Department of Wildlife and National Parks under the Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources Conservation and Tourism.
Salary Scale : C3/4 (P70, 584.00 – P84, 312. 00) per annum.
Leave : 25 Working days per annum
(i) Optional contributory Medical aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%)
(ii)Contributory Pension Scheme (Government pays 15% and Employee pays 5%)
Qualification: A recognized Airframe and Power plant license
Experience: Entry level
Skills and Competencies: Computer literacy, report-writing skills, facilitation skills, negotiation skills, analytical skills
Timely Decision making
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide maintenance services to Department of Wildlife and National Parks aircraft.
1. Conducts statutory inspections of aircraft to ensure that they are functional.
2. Carries out routine and scheduled servicing to ensure safe usage of the aircrafts.
3. Checks the service records, and complete the work specified in line with the manufacturer’s service schedules
4. Repairs and replaces components that are subject to wear. Keeping equipment available for use by inspecting and testing aircraft; completing preventive maintenance according to the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule.
5. Maintains aircraft in functional condition by checking operator snags; conducting inspections; repairing engine faults; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
6. Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt
7. Supervises and monitors work performed by out sourced contractors / companies.
8. Attends to faults reports and makes follow up.
9. Prepares periodic maintenance report.
10. Develops the work plan for the section.
11. Distributes and monitors work among other officers to ensure that all maintenance assignments have been undertaken.
12. Monitors operations of the workshop to ensure cleanness and safety precautions are adhered to.
13. Conducts sectional meetings to monitor and address issues of performance.
14. Enforces the adherence of set policies (i.e. General Order, RIE, Maintenance standards) to the maintenance staff.
15. Conducts awareness forums on discipline and anti-corruption.
Applicants should quote the number of this vacancy circular and give the following details;
a) Full name, address, date and place of birth.
b) Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae)
c) Certified true copies of certificates (academic and professional)
d) Submit at least two (2) work related reference confirming the required experience.
e) Certified copies of Omang.
f) In case of serving officers;
i) Date of first appointment.
ii) Present post and date appointed thereto.
Applications should be addressed to;
Department of Wildlife and National Parks
P O Box 131
Or hand delivered to Department of Wildlife and National Parks – Plot 199 Tshwene Street – Kgale Mews – Gaborone
All applications from serving officers should be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
NB: Applications which do not meet the requirements stipulated in the advertisement will not be responded to.
CLOSING DATE: 11 November 2016
For further information contact Ms. S. Meti at 3996504 or T. Gofamodimo at 3996560