DEPARTMENT OF WILDLIFE AND NATIONAL PARKS
APPLICATION FOR PROFESSIONAL HUNTER/PROFESSIONAL GUIDE LICENSE
Applications are invited from both Botswana citizens and non-citizens to write the Professional Hunter and Professional Guide Examination to be conducted in Gaborone and Maun simultaneously on the 6th –7th June 2017.
1. Citizen requirements for Professional Guides/Hunters Examination
• Must be 18 years and above.
• Must submit certified copies of certificates (Academic and Professional), 3 References and Omang.
• Must possess a driving license in Class B category
• Must have a minimum of Botswana General Certificate in Secondary Education (BGCSE) or Cambridge Overseas School Certificate (COSC).
• Must have at least one (1) year related field experience
• Must attach three certified copies of previous licenses for those who are upgrading
• Provide contacts numbers i.e. phone /cell number.
Experience: This is a direct entry level and one (1) year tourism related/field experience as well as Certificate obtained before 1st June 2016 from BQA accredited Guides/Hunters Training Institutions will be an added advantage.
2. Non-Citizens requirements for Professional Guides/Hunters Examination
• Must be 21 years and above.
• Provide certified copies of resident and work permits or waivers.
• Certified copies of passport and driving License
• Have a minimum of COSC or equivalent.
• Provide a brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae).
• Provide a valid Guides/Hunters license from the country where one has been operating (certified copy).
• Enclose three (3) references; the third should be from the Guides/Hunters Association from the country where one has been operating.
Experience: Should have five (5) years of documented traceable relevant Guiding/Hunting experience in a relevant environment i.e. Southern Africa. In case of hunters they must have hunted five dangerous animals, one of which must be an elephant, or accompanied hunts where five dangerous animals were hunted, including one elephant.
3. Requirements for Mokoro Polers
• Must be a Citizen of Botswana
• Must be 18 years and above
• Submit traceable documented experience
Applicants must clearly indicate where they would like to be tested. Gaborone or Maun.
CLOSING DATE: 12th June 2017
All Applications must be forwarded to:
Department of Wildlife and National Parks
P.O. Box 131
For more information please contact: Mr. J. Masango, Mrs. O. Matong, S. Mokalake, at Tel :( +267) 3971405, 3996550/3996564/3996565
NB. We regret to inform you that responses will be accorded to shortlisted candidates only.