MORUPULE COAL MINE SEEKS TO INVITE SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED CITIZEN CANDIDATES FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:-
ARTISANS: ALL TRADES
To carry out preventative and breakdown maintenance to ensure optimal plant/equipment availability.
- Prioritises and plans jobs in order to increase service efficiency
- Use spares and equipment in a cost effective manner
- Maintains equipment/plant in accordance with maintenance standards/procedures to ensure optimum availability.
- Monitors spares availability and appraises the Foreman.
- Attends to defects in order to reduce equipment / plant downtime.
- Inspects equipment/plant to identify deviations and takes appropriate action.
- Carries out over inspections as required to ensure proper completion of tasks.
- Provides feedback to the Foreman to consolidate tasks performed, build history of the equipment/plant and make future plans.
- Troubleshoots / diagnoses faults to identify and implement appropriate solutions.
- Installs and tests equipment to ensure it complies with components functionality.
- Carries out projects in the area of operation to improve the work efficiencies and equipment / plant availability within set targets.
- Updates the foreman on work progress to track deviations, correct them and allocate necessary resources.
- Introduces innovative ideas to improve equipment maintenance and safety standards.
- Prepares reports for completed tasks and submits to the Foreman for consolidation.
- BGCSE plus recognised National Craft Certificate in related Trade or equivalent.
- Two years’ experience post qualification.
- Valid light duty drivers licence.
- Knowledge of SHE management systems (ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001).
Closing date and application instructions
Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules.
Candidates who meet the above requirements need apply with copies of certified certificates and comprehensive curriculum vitae addressed to:
Human Resources Advisor – Services
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35 PALAPYE
Email: Recruitment@mcm.co.bw Closing date: 3 March 2017
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW.