ADVERTISEMENT: VACANCY CIRCULAR NO.16 OF 2017
Ref: TSD 1/8A/5 I 28th September 2017
Applications are invited from suitable qualified Botswana citizens for the below mentioned 12-24 months contract post in South East District Council tenable in Tlokweng.
Vacancy: Assistant /Physical Planner II/I
Salary: C3/C2/C1– (P90 984 – P167 136) per annum
Qualification: Degree in Urban and Regional Planning and must have registered as professional physical planner.
Experience: No experience required.
Leave: 30 working days per annum
Benefits: Scarce skills allowance in accordance with the Directive on Attraction and Retention Policy.
A contract of 12-24 months with gratuity payable at the rate of 25% on the expiry of the contract.
Optional medical aid scheme (Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%)
Main purpose of the job:
To initiate and coordinate implementation of planning policies.
1. Assists in the preparation of data base for physical planning and development projects.
2. Collects data on the state of environment for input in the preparation of development.
3. Carries out periodic site inspections of development to ensure that developments conform to approved plan applications
4. Develops appropriate data collection techniques to be used on planning projects to come up with systematic approach for data collection.
5. Monitors developments in a given area to ensure that they are in accordance with the approved settlement plans, development control codes, guidelines and regulations, sends enforcement notices to illegal developers.
6. Assesses applications for planning permission for development, change of land use, subdivision and consolidation for consideration to the planning committee.
7. Plans and organises consultation process of plan preparation to the involvement of all stakeholders.
8. Undertakes any other related duties as directed by management
– Drive for Results
– Integrity and trust
– Functional/Technical Skills
– Analytical/Strategic Thinking
– Organisational Agility
– Customer focus
– Learning Agility
Applicants should quote the vacancy circular number and give the following details;
– Full name, address and date of birth
– Qualifications supported by certified copies of certificates, references and certified copy of Omang
– Brief summary of duties (CV)
– Date of first appointment and position held
– Date to present post and current salary scale
Applications should be addressed to:
Senior Assistant Council Secretary
Tlokweng Sub-District Council
Private Bag T05
Serving officers should route their application through their Chief Executives, applications not so routed will not be considered.
Closing date: 24th October 2017
NOTE: Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the post will not be responded to: For further information please contact: Human Resources at Tel: 3695014/3695046