Overview of role
This is truly an exciting opportunity to join a leading international organisation with a positive, inclusive approach to managing its workforce. Norsad Finance is an impact investment company which, under a BITC initiative, relocated its office to Gaborone in 2012. It is made up of an exceptional multi-cultural team which epitomises modern management, a flat structure, team spirit and cooperation, and most certainly transparency. This is about the employer and employees working collaboratively to get results in the spirit of professionalism, and if the words ‘Employer of choice’ are coming to mind, you are definitely on the right track.
This is a newly established role which aims to provide specialist, high level support in the areas of internal and external audit, legal, regulation and compliance. You will assist the executive team and the Board to protect the company’s assets by coordinating the internal policy and guideline review process; ensuring compliance with regulations and internal controls; overseeing legal document management; coordination of director and shareholder meetings and other activities which require effectiveness at director and shareholder level.
- Review and update Internal Audit framework.
- Coordinate the internal review process.
- Prepare quarterly report to the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Prepare annual report to Audit and Risk Committee and the Board.
- Liaise with External Auditors, as necessary.
Board of Directors
- Ensure timely invitations to the Board of Directors and Board Committee Meetings
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of the Board and Board Committee Meeting Materials.
- Take minutes of the Board and Committee Meetings.
- File Board Meeting Minutes and Materials to the files of the Company Secretary.
- Ensure the Directors and their Personal Alternates have up to date files of the all Company Policies and Guidelines.
Liaison with the regulatory and other relevant authorities
- Liaison with NBFIRA on regulatory authority issues (Attending quarterly update meetings, Director and Management security vetting, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with timely regulatory reporting requirements and assist in preparing authority reports for NBFIRA.
- Liaison with BITC (IFSC) on IFSC accreditation related issues.
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with the tax regulations in Botswana (Income tax, PAYE, VAT etc.) and in the region (WHT)
Compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) Guidelines
- Assist AML Compliance Officer .
- Review and update the AML and ABC policies.
- Enforce AML controls at Norsad and ensure frequent training of Norsad staff on the AML and ABC guidelines.
- Maintain and update the United Nations Security Council list and act in accordance with requirements under the Financial intelligence Agency.
Requirements, Education and Experience
A professional qualification related to Finance preferably ACCA/CIMA or an MBA, coupled with a minimum of 5 years’ private sector work related experience gained in a financial services environment is considered essential for optimum performance.
This position is a fixed term employment contract with a cash salary and excellent benefits including training, development and learning opportunities. Norsad encourages only the best calibre candidates with a proven track record of success to apply.
Closing date for applications is 30 September 2016.