The Automation Engineer is responsible for executing and managing all design, engineering, technical and commercial issues on materials handling projects; and to coordinate the engineering and project functions within the instrumentation and control engineering discipline during projects. This will include new, existing and after sale projects.
Key performance areas
Coordinate the implementation of designs during the execution phase of projects, including the following:
- Design Bulk Material Handling Systems – Electrical, Control & Instrumentation
- Participate in Tender Projects
- Facilitate Project Execution
- Support Procurement & Planning
- Support to Drawing Office
- Support to the Quality department
- Maintain Client Relationships, both External and Internal
- Strict implementation of Sandvik’s Engineering Processes and improvement thereof
- Adhere to all safety regulations e.g. OSH ACT, Mine Health and Safety Act and SMS HSE Policies.
- Produce Reports
- Minimum B Tech Engineering – Instrumentation
- Engineering Degree would be advantageous
- Registration with ECSA is advantageous or the ability to register
- Minimum 6 to 10 years engineering experience with focus on construction / execution of projects within the bulk materials handling environment, especially on mobile machines
- Exposure to project management would be advantageous
- Sound knowledge in drawing and design packages
- Knowledge of the applicable South African, International Codes and best practices in conveyor and machine design
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Health and Safety legislation and regulations and the application thereof in the workplace to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Required to travel to visit sites
- Required to travel to execute work on sites
- Required to work overtime where necessary to meet deadlines
Who may apply
All applicants outside South Africa must ensure that they are able to secure a work permit and permanent residence prior to applying for any advertised positions.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply’ button, or access the Sandvik website www.sandvik.com/career.
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331.
Applications close: 11 November 2016
Job Reference No. 345499
Sandvik is committed to representivity in the composition of its employees and the creation of job opportunities across all sectors of the South African population.
Deadline: 11 Nov
Powered by Jobs Botswana