The Group is committed to creating places of healing for their communities, focused on attracting the best expertise and dedicated to building a steadfast, devoted team.
The Bill Auditor position is responsible for auditing all patients invoices / Bills. The primary focus of this position is to properly identify charges and omissions arising from usage and correctly invoice the patient account within a given time frame to ensure that all invoices/ Bills raised by the hospital are accurately billed. To ensure a physical check of all charge sheets against the Invoice / bill for accuracy.
Key Work Output and Accountabilities
- Audits charges in the patient account and itemized bills to ensure billing accuracy for all patients.
- Generates all invoices once audited and ensure that signatures are obtained from Guarantors and LOG’s from service providers with the assistance of case management.
- Evaluate bills assigned for audit and communicate with billers, if charges are incorrect.
- Correct any anomalies within the charges and ensure 100% correctness of the invoice including biographical details.
- Complete progress reports to communicate timeline of audit process to billers and clients.
- Participate in team meetings
- Prepare reports and spread-sheets on incorrect charges with a view to train the billers.
- Manage workload to ensure timely processing as per hospital mandates.
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma /Degree General Nursing
- An administration qualification will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years clinical experience
- Understanding the requirements for CPT coding and ICD10 coding and their relationship to fee billing is key
- Flexible working hours including standby
- Good work ethics
Closing date and application instructions
Send your CV to email@example.com if you think you have the qualities
and skills to fill this position
Closing date for Applications: 13 November 2016
Lenmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy. Lenmed actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities. In the event of any physical or psychological limitation that may impair an individual’s ability to perform the job function, the employee must consult the employer for reasonable accommodation.
Should you not receive a response within three weeks after closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.