Applications are invited for the above mentioned position. The successful incumbent will report to the Regional Distribution Manager: Coastal Region Distribution and will be based at TradeXpress in Vryheid.
Key Performance areas for this position include:
Ensure a service orientated operation where tactics, policies and procedures are aligned with Distribution, Marketing, Sales, and customer requirements.
Ensure a healthy relationship with Sales to jointly implement service offerings that satisfy the customer.
Ensure that staff are motivated and productively led and managed.
Display Leadership behaviour reflecting company values, corporate governance and team orientation.
Ensure that organisational structures are optimised and staffed with competent people.
Ensure that all staff adhere to policies and procedures.
Maintain sound Industrial Relations and discipline.
Ensure cost effective management of operations and the efficient utilization of assets.
Ensure the implementation and smooth running of the DMOS, Business planning, budgeting and EPMS processes.
Ensure that Business Plan Initiatives are successfully executed
Continuous Improvement Management
Entrench a culture of innovation and business improvement in support of Functional and Corporate goals.
Ensure adequate and correct infrastructure and facilities are in place.
Implement world-class distribution practices.
Ensure that administrative and commercial functions adhere to company procedures.
Risk and Quality Management
Ensure that the region complies with the risk and quality management policy.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a leadership role, preferably in a Retail or Warehouse and Distribution environment.
- Applicants should have excellent communication as well as written skills.
- Action orientated, but with the ability to take people with him / her on the journey.
- Good analytical skills, the ability to interpret financial and statistical data and a sound business acumen.
- Sound knowledge of IR practices and the management of discipline.
- A team player with the ability to lead, influence and manage people with diverse backgrounds.
- Proven experience of MS Office and SAP
If you are interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell Career Portal by visiting www.distell.co.za.
Reference number: 5182 Closing Date: 07 March 2017
‘For vacancies in Botswana preference will be given to citizens to drive Local Empowerment.’
‘Your career is your greatest asset, people are ours.’