The primary role of the Business Executive (BE) is to strategically prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other acceptable and professional means of generating interest from potential clients. They must plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
The BE must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales/deals and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. The BE will work with company managers, senior management, marketing, and technical staff.
He/she may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline process of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
The main duties of the Business Executive can be summarized as follows:
Getting New Business:
• Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into confirmed sales/deals.
• Cold call as appropriate within the target market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
• Meeting potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
• Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
• Research and build relationships with new clients.
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and the company’s management/Principals.
• Plan approaches and pitches by working with the team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, and objectives.
• Participate in pricing the solution/service.
• Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
• Apply techniques to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
• Present an image that reflects the company and suitable for clients.
• Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
• Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
• Business Development Planning
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
• Present to and consult with management and senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
• Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research:
• Submit monthly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
• Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s customer relationship management or other sales management systems.
• Contribute in forecasting sales targets and ensuring they are met.
• Track and record activity on accounts and help to close sales/deals to meet these targets.
• Work with management to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a supplier/vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
• Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
• Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s solutions/services and its capabilities.
• Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Business development management positions require a bachelor’s degree and 1-4 years of business development, sales or marketing experience.
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Report Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Self Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM platforms, and Microsoft Office suite.
—————————-Closing date 27th February 2017—————————-
If you meet this criteria please access the job application link: