Coordination Centre Manager
The SAPP is seeking the recruitment of a Coordination Centre Manager who will report to the Coordination Centre Board Chairperson.
- Compile a business plan for the SAPP Coordination Centre in alignment with overall SAPP strategic direction.
- Compile budgets operation for the SAPP Coordination Centre in alignment with the business plan
- Design and propose for approval and implementation, a robust governance framework with policies relating to: appropriate financial controls, delegation of authority for proper decision making, human resource management, and reporting.
- Identify, document and implement business processes for the coordination centre.
- Manage the Coordination Centre in an efficient manner
- Provide strategic and financial guidance to the SAPP Coordination Centre staff
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the SAPP
- Administer the Coordination Centre accounting structure to include preparation of the Coordination Centre budget
- Oversee the compilation and dissemination of audited financial statements
- Perform financial management by ensuring all costs and expenses are within budget
- Conduct internal audits and ensure corrective action and non-repeats
- Recruit staff to resource the Co-ordination Centre on such terms as approved by the Management Committee
- Direct the Chief Engineer, Chief Market Analyst, Senior Transaction Advisor and other staff, as applicable
- Co-ordinate the training of CC staff and SAPP Members
- Set annual performance targets and manage performance of all staff
- Provide secretarial services to include the keeping of minutes and decision register of the SAPP governance bodies such as the Co‑ordination Centre Board, Management Committee and the Executive Committee
- Represent SAPP at various public forums, as appropriate and pre authorized
- Be the focal point for SAPP’s interface with SADC, donors, DFIs, other Power Pools in Africa and institutions in Africa
- Evaluate the impact of future infrastructure projects on the operation of the Pool
- Identify and obtain funding and support for all the capital projects of the Co-ordination Centre
- Reports on key performance indicators of the SAPP operations
- Identify trends and recommend interventions to resolve problems with the Coordination Centre
- Prepare a summary of the proceedings of the Management Committee and in conjunction with the Management Committee Chairperson and refer deadlocked resolutions to the Executive Committee Chairperson
- Perform relationship management with donors and stakeholders
- Ensure publication of appropriate monthly reports covering the activities of the SAPP Co‑ordination Centre
- Other duties, as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferably a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- A degree in Business Administration or Business Leadership would be an added advantage.
- Leadership and management skills
- SADC national
- Passport valid for travel to SADC countries
The duration of the contract is five (5) years.
Interested candidates should submit their applications and curriculum vitae by
Closes: 03/03/2017 to;
Powered by Jobs Botswana