COMESA Business Council seeks to recruit a Strategic Planning Consultant to support the institution through the development of a Strategic Plan and Implementation Roadmap for a five year period of 2017-2021.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the overall management of the CBC Board and the direct management of the CBC Chief Executive Officer, the CBC seeks to recruit a consultant to carry out the following works in the development of the CBC Strategy- 2017- 2021. The scope of work for the Consultant will include but will not be limited to:
- Design a five year CBC strategic plan and its implementation road map and budget focusing on the following among others:
- An Overview of the CBC Vision, Mission, Objectives, Strategies, and Action Plans in 2011- 2015 as a background to the next 5 year plan.
- Define the CBC Vision and Statement for the next five years
- Carry out an industry analysis and diagnosis; this should include a PESTEL and SWOT analysis of the institution and the environment it is operating in, so as to determine its strategic position for the next five years.
- Carry out an Internal Business Analysis and propose the capacity needs to meet the results of the CBC Strategic plan 2017-2021. This should include the review of the CBC Organogram, departments/Pillars support (administration, finance and audit) and technical sections (projects and programs), management (corporate governance structure) of the CBC.
- Develop the choice of the organization; to include the key strategic options and alternatives vis a vis the CBC Pillars; the critical actions, critical success factors, Key Activities and Key Activity indicators and budget estimates.
- Identifying Action Steps in Bringing About Systems of Change
- Develop an Strategy Implementation Plan/ action plan with budgetlines for the organization
- Develop a feedback and communication mechanism for risk management to allow corrective action for any strategy variations or changes
- The plan should include frameworks that ensure effective internal evaluation mechanism, strong financial management and reporting system, sustainable marketing and resource mobilisation strategy, efficient governance and organizational structures for effective delivery of services to the members.
- Develop a comprehensive and user-friendly code of conduct that will be embraced by CBC members and stakeholders and help the organization realize its short- and long-term behavioral goals. The code should be developed with the involvement of the top leadership, employees and stakeholders. The code should meet the following:
- The code’s provisions are in line with the goals of the organization’s overall ethics program
- The code uses clear and concise language that can be easily understood by members
- It adequately addresses all areas that impact the organization, particularly those areas that offer the highest potential for risk.
- The code draft undergoes an extensive review and editing process to ensure it adequately addresses the specific needs of the organization
- Include a decision tree or similar mechanism to guide members when faced with an ethical dilemma
- The code includes relevant examples, case studies, or real-world scenarios that members typically face on a daily basis
- The code includes access to resources such as a reporting hotline or website where individuals can go to obtain additional help or information.
- Present the Strategic Plan to the CBC Board and Annual General Assembly in order to have the Strategic Plan fully understood and embraced by the involved parties.
Click on the link below for more details.
Powered by Jobs Botswana