SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONES AUTHORITY (SEZA)
The Special Economic Zones Authority (SEZA) is a Parastatal Organisation established by an act of Parliament of 201S. The Authority will be responsible for providing an investor-friendly business environment with a view to attracting both domestic and foreign investors. The Botswana Government aims to develop the SEZs in strategic areas across the country as a strategy for promoting the development of world class industries that will Lead to the diversification of the Botswana’s economy. The development of these will follow public sector, private sector and public-private partnerships, as the market would dictate.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, Special Economic Zones Authority (SEZA) would Like to invite suitably qualified, dynamic, commercially oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position of Chief Executive Officer.
The successful candidate will Lead the development and execution of the SEZA national strategic mandate for Botswana specifically:
- Develop and execute a well-defined strategy for SEZ implementation in Botswana.
- Develop an appropriate SEZ model for Botswana, which will enhance the country’s global competitiveness
- Establish and implement regulatory framework and management processes to manage specific performance measures that support the successful SEZ implementation
- Assesses performance and makes timely changes in strategy, structure and resource allocations.
- This Leadership role entails facilitation between the “One Stop Shop Executors” of the Authority and the clients I investors. The Chief Executive also aligns the interests of Shareholder I Government, employees, business, and other stakeholders including the public. Further ensures that stakeholders
The main responsibilities of the job will also include the following:
- Lead the Special Economic Zones Authority with a clearly defined sense of business direction and purpose.
- Ensure that there is in operation an effective framework of governance which provides the parameters within which SEZ business is to be conducted, aligns accountabilities and authorities and defines the required governance policies, standards and guidelines.
KEY DELIVERABLES AND OUTPUTS
- A SEZ model that grows and increases performance of the export market, attracts and sustains both domestic and foreign direct investment.
- Attracts world class investors to develop world class industries in the SEZ.
- Industrialisation of the targeted sectors of the economy and ensuring economic spin-offs in all SEZ areas, through increased job creation, SME growth and participation in the SEZ value chain.
- Well defined SEZ industry clusters in strategic areas of Botswana, where Local knowledge, natural resources and Location advantages will be fully optimized to support the cluster.
- Develop and implement a practical plan to integrate SEZ clusters into SADC’s regional economic activity.
- SEZ incentives that will position Botswana as the most globally competitive SEZ in terms of incentives, infrastructure, ease of doing business, etc.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Experience: The candidate must have extensive and proven demonstrable track record of establishing successful SEZ’s in developing and I or emerging economies.
Education: First degree in a business studies or social science discipline, plus a Master’s degree in business studies and or a relevant Social Science.
Competencies associated with this senior executive position include:
- Visionary and strategic direction
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Influence and impact
- Stakeholder relationship management
A highly competitive remuneration and benefits package which is commensurate with the deliverables of the job awaits the right candidate.
Qualifying candidates should provide a detailed CV highlighting senior positions held for the past ten (10) years with key responsibilities including major SEZ projects executed with the dates and names of the organizations and countries; as well as current and past achievements in the area of SEZs at company and national Level.
Three work related recent and traceble references plus certified relevant educational and training certificates.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements may send/deliver their applications to:
The Board Chairman
Special Economic Zones Authority (SEZA)
Private Bag 0044S
Central Business District (CBD)
Applications should be received by
Friday 01 July 2016, by 12 noon.