Main purpose of the Job
To install, configure, and maintain all relational database instances across development, staging, and production environments.
Qualifications, Experience and knowledge required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• At least five (5) years in the computing field with two (3) years of developing and administering relational database management systems and related technologies.
• Knowledge and application of Windows and UNIX operating system, Relational Database Management Systems and a wide range of Programming Languages and development tools are a requirement.
• Experience in Microsoft SQL server and Oracle Database administration in production environment.
• Hands-on experience in capacity planning, performance tuning, database server backups and restore strategies.
• Certification in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database.
• Install, configure, migrate, upgrade and maintain multiple databases required for development, testing and production.
• Disaster Recovery and Back-up Management.
• Server Management – Installation, configuration and security management.
• Enterprise reporting- Consolidation of multiple data sources into a common report and development and publishing of a real-time dash boards reports in a multiple output formats according to user requirement.
• Application of adopted database management standards, policies, procedures and processes.
• Demonstrate ability in execution and delivery
• Possession of good communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate knowledge and application of project management principles
• Innovation and creativity are a necessity
• Accuracy and attention to detail
Only applicants who meet the requirements neeed to apply highlighting their qualifications, experience and names of at least two (traceable) referees. Certified copies of relevant certificates and a detailed CV must accompany applications addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
Companies and Intellectual Property Authority
P O Box 102, Gaborone
Closing Date: 15 August 2017
Source : Mmegi Classified vol 34,no 111,Friday 04 August 2017