Structural Steel Fabrication company based in Botswana. As a member of the company team you have the responsibility to:
- Protect the company and the Shareholders investment by not placing it at technical, quality or commercial risk by careful consideration of the customers technical, quality and delivery requirements.
- Keep the customer satisfied.
- Operate in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Ensure that the company is run according to the relevant statutory instruments and Acts.
- Be the responsible Appointee as required by the Occupational Health and Safety legislation, as well any relevant Labour legislation
- Responsible for the profitable manufacture and completion of all work and jobs in the company to the satisfaction of the customers which includes quality and delivery.
- Liaison and co-operation with the marketing, estimating, quality, purchasing and stores functions to ensure optimum completion of the jobs.
- Understanding the technical, quality and delivery requirements of the jobs to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Be proactive to changes in the workload so that adjustments can be made to optimize outputs and minimize costs.
- Assisting with any other aspects required by the company.
Estimating / Planning and Design / Drafting
- Understanding customer requirements drawings, specifications, quality and delivery.
- Ensuring that the company’s exposure is clearly defined by specifically including/excluding items on the scope of work.
- Undertaking site and equipment measurements and converting them to working sketches.
- Compiling detailed Bills of Materials, item take-offs from drawings, sketches and data sheets and arranging material optimization (nesting etc).
- Interpreting data sheets and specifications into sketches that can be estimated from.
- Obtaining accurate competitive costs of materials from suppliers and stock and liaising with subcontractors and works to estimate realistic manpower inputs and delivery times.
- Production of general arrangement drawings for customer comment and approval, Engineers certification and detailed drawings for fabrication.
- Understanding and applying relevant design and manufacturing codes of practice (ASME, API) and standards to ensure accurate cost estimates and drawings.
- Properly compile site measurement, sketches, surveys and red line drawings.
- Responsible for the design and drawing of Chutes, Pipework, Ducting and Civils.
- Preparing and presenting detailed and accurate quotations, proposals and contracts.
- Collecting relevant technical books and brochures to build up a technical data base.
- Being fully computer literate and competent on the relevant computer packages, Auto Cad, Inventor and other relevant software.
- Liaising with and providing service to the other departments in ensuring the jobs are processed expediently into the works and that specification, quality and delivery are compiled with.
- Undertake courses and studies to fully understand the metallurgy, fabrication and welding of stainless steels.
- Filing estimates quotations and drawings in a neat, orderly and retrievable manner.
- Processing estimates and MRP onto the Syspro system and keeping overall job planning and resources live.
- Assisting management with projects where necessary.
- Independently able to accurately compile Estimates and shop floor detailing.
- Compare estimates with actual to modify estimating methodology.
- Any other duties required by management in any of the associated companies.
- Formal qualifications in AutoCAD;
- At least five to seven years of experience in structural steel fabrication, structural design, drawing and detailing.
- Fully Microsoft Office literate
- Driver’s license;
- Candidate must be willing to relocate.
- Flexibility to travel freely throughout Sub-Saharan Africa;
Negotiable package based on qualifications and experience, which may include incentive options.
CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED: Committed, hardworking, self-motivated with high initiative, irreproachable integrity and honesty, pragmatic, effective, energetic