Company: Okavango Diamond Company
Okavango Diamond Company (ODC) is a rough diamond distribution company that is wholly owned by the Government of Botswana. Based in Gaborone, ODC is looking to attract progressive and innovative employees committed to world class delivery to join their operations team.
Heading the Diamond Administration section of the Operations team, you will be responsible for controlling elements of the ODC operational end to end process. You will organize the available skills and resource to effectively coordinate work flow during the preparation of sales parcels and supply the operational reports which interface with internal and external stakeholders. During the sales period you will ensure ODC customers receive excellent service, overseeing the various demands of the sale viewing and the exports, within tight operational deadlines. Throughout the operational pipeline, you will be expected to manage the team and confirm that all systems, equipment and consumables meet the high standards which will deliver a fully effective process. You will be expected to maintain staff performance records and their development programme.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience within the diamond industry; specifically handling diamonds and diamond equipment at a senior level to a consistently high standard.
• Thorough understanding of rough diamond stock management methods.
• A proven track record of managing team led processes, data flows and reports, all within a deadline focused operation.
• Demonstrable expertise in using diamond stock systems and embedding effective processes, will be seen as a valuable addition to your submission.
• Competent computer skills; who can confidently assist others.
• Highly organized with an attention to detail and committed team player.
Job Closing Date 30/09/2017