The Special Economic Zones Authority (SEZA) is a newly established parastatal organization that has been established under the Special Economic Zones Act No. 13 of 2015. The organization is mandated to establish, develop and manage Special Economic Zones (SEZs) nationally with a view to creating a conducive environment for domestic investment and foreign direct investment (FDI) to grow and diversify the economy, increase export earnings and also facilitate expansion of employment opportunities.
The position will oversee the provision of effective and efficient business support services necessary to facilitate profitable SEZA operations.
The incumbent will be responsible for among other things, the following:
• Formulating and overseeing the implementation of the shared services strategy.
• Overseeing the operations of the, Procurement, Finance & Risk, IT and Human Capital functions, ensuring existence of robust processes in those areas to support the business goals.
• Sourcing and liaising with vendors to provide necessary outsourced services and negotiate the best terms, as well as, evaluating the necessity of and organisation’s readiness in bringing these functions in-house
• Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation through ensuring existence of controls and governance structures.
• Leading the development of and managing the risk management framework of the Authority.
• Overseeing timely and accurate financial reporting and ensuring that Management and the Board are kept apprised of the financial position of the organisation at all times.
The right candidate will possess the following;
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field, as well as, a professional accounting qualification such as CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, in addition to BICA membership.
• At least 8-10 years of experience in Finance and Risk Management, as well as, experience leading the provision of other business support services.
• Strong operations experience.
• Highly analytical with exceptional problem- solving skills.
• Excellent judgment and critical decision-making skills.
• Outstanding people management skills.
• Outstanding negotiation skills.
• Extremely organised working habits.
• Superior attention to details.
Apply before : Sat Nov 25, 2017