Ministry of Finance and Economic Development – District Population Officer
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO.9 OF 2017
VACANCY: DISTRICT POPULATION OFFICER – (1 POST) – TENABLE AT GANTSI
SALARY: D3, (P207, 564 – P229, 152) per annum
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum
BENEFITS: (a) Optional contributory Medical Aid Scheme with the Botswana Public Officers’ Medical Aid Scheme (BPOMAS) – Government contributes 50% and employee contributes 50%
Candidates should have at least a Degree in Population Studies, Statistics/Economics, Sociology or its equivalent. A Masters’ degree will be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE: At least eight (8) years post qualification work experience in population and development issues, two years should have been at D4 level
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The District Population Officer will coordinate implementation of the Revised National Population Policy in the District as well as assist District planners in integrating population factors in District planning processes.
• Provide technical and administrative support in the coordination of implementation of population and development programmes and projects to the District Development Committees/Urban Development Committees.
• Promote integration of population factors in district/urban development planning.
• Assist in the formulation of district plans of action for the DDCs/UDCs’ consideration.
• Market the Revised National Population Policy through use of existing structures such as the DDC, Kgotla and the Media.
• Disseminate information to stakeholders using existing structures and any other channels.
• Foster collaboration among Civil Society Organisations and the private Sector engaged in the field of population and development in the district.
• Maintain and strengthen, in collaboration with the population Secretariat, a district data bank and publish periodic newsletter and fact sheets.
• Prepare an annual work plan and assist the DDC/UDC in the preparation of the budget for population related activities.
• Prepare bi-annual and annual reports for the Population Secretariat, the District Commissioner and Council Secretary on progress of implementation of district population programmes and activities.
Prospective candidates must be able to demonstrate ability and effectiveness in the following areas:
Integrity and trust
• Planning and execution
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Organising Time Management
• Drive for Results
• Action Oriented
• Analytical thinking and decision making
Applications should quote the number of the Vacancy Circular and provide the following details:
a) Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae) including date of first appointment, present post and date of appointment thereto.
b) Certified copies of Certificates, Omang and two (2) work related references.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance and Economic Development
Private Bag 008, GABORONE
or hand delivered to Office No. 231 Link Block Building.
IMPORTANT: All applications from serving public servants should be routed through their Heads of Department and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered. Applicants are also required to submit an electronic summary of their CV. Please email firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com to request for the required electronic CV format.
CLOSING DATE: 21st April 2017
For further information please contact: Ms J. Gaboipewe 3633669 / S. Enele @ 3950339
N.B: Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the posts will not be responded to.