SENIOR COLLECTIONS OFFICER
Main purpose of the job
The National Development Bank wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals motivated by challenge for the above position that is tenable in Francistown.
Reporting to the Credit Portfolio Manager, this supervisory role ensures the effective reduction of bad debts in order to maintain the level of arrears within the stipulated levels. The officer will also be charged with effecting and supervising the debt collection process and the management of all staff within the debt recovery function. Another key function will be to render advice on issues related to the debt recovery process.
Key Performance Areas
- To undertake and manage the processes of collecting bad debts from client after they have been handed over to the debt recovery division.
- To effectively monitor the bad debt portfolio and be proactive in recommending appropriate cases for foreclosure.
- To identify and recommend appropriate cases for write offs and ensure objective and effective application of the write off policy.
- To initiate and conduct litigation proceedings against loan defaulters for recovery of bad debts.
- To ensure speedy resolution of client queries in order to bring about successful recovery of debt.
- To ensure management of client’s payment proposals and implement effective mechanisms for the recovery of debts.
- To manage the integrity and accuracy of data on bad debts.
- To ensure that debt recovery proceedings comply with the Bank’s policy on debt recovery.
- To ensure adherence to all company/business policies and procedures
- To produce reports that confirms progress of bad debt recovery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification will be advantageous
- Knowledge of financial statements interpretation and cash flow analysis
- Must have a minimum of 4 years related experience/ exposure in civil litigation and debt recovery ideally within a Banking/financial environment.
- Results/ Delivery Orientated
- High level of professionalism/integrity
- Strong business communication
- People Management
- Financial Management
- Negotiation and Problem Solving
- Interpersonal and Leadership
- Debt collection experience
- Basic proficiency in MS Office
The Bank offers competitive remuneration
Closing date and application instructions
Interested and qualified individuals should send their applications (cover letter including 3 referees, CV and certified copies of qualifications) to the following address no later than 19 November 2016.
Post: Head of Human Resources
National Development Bank
P O Box 225
Physical address: Development House
Queens Road, Main Mall
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
Powered by Jobs Botswana