MORUPULE COAL MINE
The company seeks to invite suitably qualified and experienced citizens for the following position
Vacancy: ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER
To implement, coordinate, monitor and maintain the Environmental Management Programme, to ensure compliance to mine procedures, standards and legal requirements.
• Evaluates the performance of the Environmental management system for various departments and recommends improvements as required.
• Conducts and coordinates inspections and audits to ensure compliance to legal and other requirements
• Conducts risks assessment for new projects
• Analysing environmental statistics highlighting problem areas, and makes recommendations for improvement
• Uses supplies and equipment in a cost-effective manner
• Identifies environment training needs in order to conduct appropriate interventions to close identified gaps within the SHE Management System.
• Compiles reports to Management and other stakeholders for use in decision making.
Minimum Education, Training & Experience
• Degree in Environmental Science or equivalent
• 2 years relevant experience
• Valid light duty drivers license
• Understanding of the SHE Management Systems (ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) are added advantage
• Understanding Risk Assessment and Control
• Understanding, Implementation and auditing of ISO 14001
• To work well in a team
• Time Management
• Work, Planning & Scheduling
• Good verbal & written communication skills
We offer a competitive salary. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules.
Candidates who meet the above requirements must send certified copies of certificates and a comprehensive CV to
Human Resources Advisor- Services
Morupule Coal Mine
Private Bag 35
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Sunday Standard, May 7 – 13, 2017
Closing date: 12 May 2017
RESPONSES WILL BE MADE ONLY TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW.