- Position title: Executive Assistant to the SVP
- Grade: PL-6
- Position N°: 50001434
- Reference: ADB/16/076
- Publication date: 29/06/2016
- Closing date: 19/07/2016
The African Development Bank is Africa’s premier development finance institution. Within the Bank, the Office of the Senior Vice-President (SVP) designed to improve coherence and coordination across complexes, ensure strategic priorities are reflected in resources allocation, enhance monitoring and management of performance, and strengthen the focus on results. The Executive Assistant will work directly with the SVP.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Director, Office of the SVP, the incumbent will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Office Management including development of efficient and effective systems and routines for the administration of the SVP’s office. Routines for proper receipt and follow up of correspondence to ensure timely responses, efficient telephone system, and management of the SVP’s briefing files.
- Preparing briefs, analyses and short papers for the SVP on various subjects, as needed.
- In consultation with the SVP, design, establish and maintain the dairy/calendar. Ensure compliance with the requirements of the preparation of the SVP’s attendance and/or response to attend meetings.
- Coordinating appointments of high-level visitors; ensuring security, protocol, and divisional involvement. Maintaining formal and cordial relationships with Governors, Embassies, Representations and sister institutions, agencies, relating to direct contacts with the SVP.
- Coordinating the work of the assistants in the front office to ensure an efficient daily running of the office. This includes determining priorities, balancing work load and ensuring output quality.
- Maintaining close links and collaboration with the front offices of various departments within the Bank and those of the executives of other international institutions.
- Provides input in all aspects of activities relating to In-House meetings and in support of major events (conferences and meetings) as well as in determining emerging issues requiring the intervention of the SVP.
- Ensures follow up of the required written contributions and briefing materials, i.e. talking points, speeches, media program, etc. during the SVP’s meetings (in-house and on mission abroad).
- Travels with the SVP on working missions as deemed necessary.
- Works in team with the Administrative Assistant on the SVP’s Travel on mission (Logistics) and Budgeting. Contributes in SVP Work Program development and provides KPIs proposals and inputs to the yearly budget preparation.
- Performs any other duty pertinent to the work, assigned by the Director and the SVP.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Administration or Office Management, or any other discipline that is relevant to the operations of the Bank.
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, coordination and communication/writing skills;
- Ability to work accurately, methodically and to meet deadlines;
- Integrity and ability to work under pressure and to deliver timely quality services;
- Ability to handle speedily and efficiently internal and external requests;
- Good professional experience and knowledge of one of the Bank’s operations;
- Ability to assess problems and develop realistic solutions quickly, proven ability to adopt a multidisciplinary approach to issues;
- Demonstrated mature sense of judgment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, SAP and/or other integrated document management system).
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Powered by Jobs Botswana