Tebelopele Voluntary Counselling and Testing (TVCT) is a Non – governmental organization providing HIV/AIDS services across the country. The organisation has 16 Centres and is involved in the provision of free, quality HIV testing and counseling services including referrals operating in 18 Centres and outreaches to marginalized areas across Botswana. To continue with these successes, Tebelopele seeks to recruit inspired individuals who are looking for challenging jobs to join its team for the following position tenable in Gaborone
OVERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors Chairman, the Executive Director (ED) will provide executive leadership and direction to achieve TVCT’s vision, mission, business strategy and annual goals and objectives. S/he will have accountability for all TVCT operations including resource mobilisation and fiscal management. The Executive Director will lead by example and set clear strategies and performance expectations developed in an environment of participation and collaboration with the Board of Directors. The ED will have full responsibility for the operational, programmatic and strategic direction of Tebelopele VCT, with a primary focus of meeting relevant Government of Botswana National Strategic Framework Goals and PEPFAR targets while creating a sustainable organisation.
The Executive Director will directly oversee the Executive Committee which includes the Operations Manager, Business Development Manager, Finance & Assets Manager, ICT Manager, Projects Manager and the Human Resources Manager.
Key Effectiveness Areas:
- Annual targets met for service delivery;
- Ensure Tebelopele Centres are operational and provide Counselling, Testing and Linkage to care services.
- Establishment of standards and performance indicators regarding counselling, testing, linkage to care, general standards and business processes.
- Ensures successful implementation of the strategic plan.
- Work plans and budgets established and functioning.
- Senior Management staff effectively supervised and fulfilling their function areas.
- Managing regulatory & company registration issues in conjunction with company secretaries
- Reports to Board, Partners, and Clients submitted with timely and accurate information
- Financial Management Systems of Tebelopele operating smoothly and effectively and utilizing budgets, financial and audit reports
- Board Meetings and Tebelopele Governance moving forward.
- HR systems moving forward and implemented effectively.
- Ensures Innovation, Quality, and Leadership across the organization.
- Leads the identification and development of new areas of activity and of opportunities for service improvement that respond to the epidemic and the needs of Tebelopele as an organization.
- Provide systems of support for Tebelopele staff through HR and other structures.
- Quality assurance mechanisms in place and utilized across Tebelopele operations
- Ensures Tebelopele is recognized as a leader by partners.
- Ensures Tebelopele develops and/or utilizes market and operations research for quality and service improvement.
- Leads the formulation/updating of strategic plans, business plans, budgets and operating plans and monitoring and managing organisational performance in accordance with these plans.
- Identify and obtain new sources of funding.
- Work with Finance and Program staff to ensure in-kind and other support is encouraged, utilized and acknowledged.
- Use financial systems to streamline costs and effectively use Tebelopele resources.
- Leads the identification of improvements to relationships with relevant bodies that can improve and develop the counselling and testing, referral and treatment of VCT clients.
- Works with the board in its role of providing oversight and strategic direction.
- Provision of secretarial services to the Board.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters Degree in Strategy, Public Health, Business Administration, Management or equivalent.
- An advanced degree in Public Health, Health Sciences and Social Sciences will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience at Senior Management level with strong Finance Management skills and prior experience in health care including HIV/AIDS programs will be regarded as an asset.
Prior experience with donor funding policies and working with the United States government grants/contracts is highly desirable. (Specific experience in both budget planning and reporting).
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and demonstrable success in drafting proposals and writing quarterly and final reports;
Sound judgment, as well as Professionalism and maturity. Ability to organize work efficiently, meet deadlines with effective team building skills;
- A proven track record of leadership and demonstrable business development skills preferably in accessing funds from the Government, private sector and international donors.
- Business acumen
- Resource Mobilisation
- Experience dealing with issues related to health care including HIV/AIDS.
- Executive leadership
- Project management skills
- Negotiation / Advocacy
- Corporate governance principles
- Proven ability to develop and sustain good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strategic competencies
- Results driven
The organization offers a competitive package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Closing date and application instructions
If you believe you have the required competencies for the job, kindly submit your application,
comprehensive CV, certified copies of certificates and valid identity card (Omang) as well as two professional references to the:
Human Resources Coordinator
Tebelopele Voluntary Counselling and Testing Centre
Private Bag 112
Tel: +267 3958015/4 | Fax: 3958022
Or hand deliver to Thusanyo House, Plot 1268, Luthuli Road, Old Industrial, Gaborone
Or by email to: email@example.com
Closing date: July 22, 2016 at 13:30 Hours
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
Powered by Jobs Botswana