An opportunity is available for a suitably qualified and experienced Food and Beverage Manager for a position in Kingspool.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Degree/Diploma in Hospitality/Cookery/Food Service or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 year’s work experience – ideally 2 years as a trainee and 3 in a well-recognized five-star hotel or world class lodge, as a Food and beverage manager/Executive chef.
- Must have five-star background at an international level.
- Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge and a clear knowledge of detailed stocktaking
- A hardworking, co-operative manner
- High standards of service excellence and a passion for the industry
- Attention to detail and quality control of all items produced in the kitchen
- Excellent management ability and communication skills
- A clear understanding of basic labour law and disciplinary procedures
- A developmental approach to staff
- Patience and good organizational skills
- An awareness of developments within the food and lodge industries, as well as international trends in hospitality
- Good computer literacy
- Experience working in remote wilderness areas
- Proven experience of delivering a five star dining experience
- Proven record of outstanding staff relations.
- Service excellence (Desire to enhance Guest Experience).
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Time Management.
- Leadership by example
The candidate must be comfortable working and living in a remote environment. Botswana nationality would be advantageous
A competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, will be offered to the successful candidate.
Purpose of the Job:
This role of the Food and Beverage manager is extremely guest orientated. It’s an ideal position for someone who would like to spend some time in both the kitchen and FOH and who has both these skills. Kingspool is a five star establishment with the highest standards or food and service. They will be required to meet these standards and exceed the guests expectations in this regard. This position will require the candidate to ensure the efficient and smooth operation and management of the camp’s food and beverage department, in cooperation with the rest of the management team, managing as well as supporting the front of house and kitchen teams. They will report directly to the Lodge General Manager.
Bried Description of the Position:
- Delivering a five-star dining experience to our guests.
- Managing both the kitchen and front of house teams.
- Ongoing staff Training.
- Assets care and maintenance.
- Administration, orders, month end.
- Stock control.
- Guest feedback Monitoring and liaisons.
- Hygiene & safety.
- Service Excellence.
- Wine service and knowledge.