Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Officer/ Head of Office a.i and under technical supervision of Senior Regional Resource Management Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out Financial and administrative tasks at IOM’s country office in Botswana. The role is multi-faceted and entails a range of different responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Prepare and process all the financial data of the mission and ensure entries are accurately coded into SAP.
- Ensure the monthly financial closure of accounts are done timely and ensure hardcopies of financial reports are sent to the Manila Accounting Services (MAS).
- Assist in ensuring that the IOM mission in Botswana complies with relevant IOM rules and regulations in the areas of HR, finance, procurement, and other relevant administrative areas. .
- Establish and manage proper filing system for l for Botswana Office.
- Record and control attendance records (timekeeping).
- Assist in organizing workshops and meetings;
- Assist in procurement of items for the Botswana office in accordance to the IOM Procurement policies
- Assist in coordinating the necessary insurance of IOM property (renewals/claims/adjustments), as well as reporting annually on all insurance coverage of the IOM Botswana office.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BA Degree in Accounting, Business Management or Financial Management, administrative services or relevant work A minimum of 6 years work experience in the Admin and Finance field
- Advantage if candidate has worked in the UN system before
- Experience in SAP (is advantage)
Method of Application
If you are qualified for this position please email the following to email@example.com under the REFERENCE: VNBW2017/01 in the subject line of your email:
- Detailed CV
- Copy of ID
- Personnel History form which you will find on http://southafrica.iom.int in the VACANCIES section
Kindly quote the REFERENCE- VNBW2017/01 in the subject line of your application. We will not be able to track your applications without the reference code provided.
Please send your application by 31 March 2017
This position is open to Botswana Nationals only.
Enquiries in respect to the job description and application may be directed to the same email address.