We are currently searching for a FINANCE MANAGER for a luxury travel company based in Maun, Botswana.
Responsible for the Financial Management of the Botswana region.
- Completion and assisting with budgets.
- Asset Management – (Stock, operating equipment and Capex)
- Regional Operational Cash Management.
- Receipt, banking and processing of cash received from the lodges.
- Reviewing and authorisation of Petty cash recons.
- Reviewing and authorisation of creditor’s recons and payments.
- Monthly review and completion of all balance sheet recons done in the region.
- Complying with all Group and regional Admin policies and procedures.
- Assistance to JHB during audit.
- Forex Management when required.
KEY OUTPUTS IN MORE DETAIL
· Bank reconciliation of 4 accounts.
· All related bank queries ie. Credit cards not cleared.
· Follow up and bank transfers to the Kasane bank account.
· Petty cash – ensure that all policies with regards to the issuing of cash are adhered to.
· Ensure that all documentation relating to miscellaneous payments are complete.
· Oversee and check stock adjustment values.
· Submission of monthly park fees payable
· Reconciliation of the clearing accounts and follow up with relevant parties – JHB, lodges.
· Motor vehicle Third party insurance.
· Ensure that monthly vat payments are submitted on time and original receipts are received.
· Oversee all utility accounts and ensure that payments are kept up-to-date.
· Capture lodge banking on Maun QB and ensure that all lodge banking is received and banked.
· Allocate and manage the Helicopter Horizons account and invoices.
· Allocate and manage the Mac Air account and invoices.
· Send copies of all invoices relating to the inter-company account (53208) and capex purchases to Head Office on a monthly basis.
· HR Internal Relations – staff disciplinaries, warnings, translating
· BComm Degree
· Computer literate
· Excel essential.
· Quickbooks experience essential.
· Knowledge of Tourplan.
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Liaise with Lodges as well as Johannesburg by email and telephone.
· Flexibility of working hours when the need arises.
· Able to travel at least 1 week each month if required.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· A minimum of 5 years experience in a financial environment.
RESTRICTIONS TO POSITION:
· Non-alcohol drinker
· Previously dismissed staff from Hospitality Industry will not be considered
· No criminal record
The successful candidate should have an enquiring mind, be methodical, pay attention to detail, be creative, show perseverance and patience, ability to work under pressure, have high energy levels, be flexible, have the ability to overcome obstacles and persist with the task at hand, be decisive and adaptable. If you have the knowledge, skills and required experience, and this sounds like a challenge you are ready for and you are able to relocate and live in Maun, Botswana I would love to hear from you.
Please send me your CV with an recent face photograph, details of three contactable references and a letter motivating your application.
Due to the amount of CV’s we anticipate for this appointment we will only get back to those candidate who are shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.