ACHAP was established as a public-private community development partnership in 2000 to enhance and support Botswana’s HIV & AIDS response. Using a comprehensive approach, ACHAP has successfully supported HIV prevention, care and treatment in Botswana for more than 14 years with remarkable results. Key to the success of ACHAP support has been the focus on results, the ability to develop and manage partnerships with government, civil society, other development partners and the private sector. ACHAP’s main strengths include flexibility and innovation in programme design and implementation, evidence based programming, and commitment to culturally relevant approaches.
ACHAP prides itself as a health development organization. ACHAP is now an independent non-profit making corporation entity with broader health mandate, wider geographical focus continuing to build on, and leverage on her core competencies in the field of HIV/AIDS and related health conditions. ACHAP hence, seeks to recruit suitably qualified and highly motivated individuals with strong commitment to TB/HIV/AIDS programmes implementation to the position of;
FINANCE SPECIALIST – 1 YEAR CONTRACT
To oversee the processing of payments, preparation of ledger reconciliations and recording of accounting and financial information into the books of ACHAP, ACHAP-Botswana and any other project in order to ensure accurate monthly financial and management accounts.
Roles and responsibilities
- Checks and ensures that transactions are posted to the relevant accounts and makes relevant adjustments through journals;
- Writes payroll journals and captures them into the system making sure that these are posted to relevant accounts and prepares reconciliations of payroll related benefits and provisions;
- Leads in the preparation of monthly financial and management accounts for designated Project(s) for submission to the Finance Manager;
- Provides updates to programme staff on the financial status of projects;
- Reviews petty cash reconciliations before disbursements are made and conducts spot checks of the float;
- Prepares the audit file in order to ensure successful external audits;
- Ensures maintenance of an up to date and accessible filing system for financial records;
- Supervises staff and ensures strong performance and job satisfaction; and
- Performs any other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Qualification and experience
- Degree or HND in Public/Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related area (e.g. qualification such as AAT);
- 7 years in grants management, auditing or accounting Possession of an ACA, ACCA or other equivalent professional qualification will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Accounting software, spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software;
- Ability to handle queries from suppliers, partners, financial institutions and programs;
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Management software.
Application letter and CV should be addressed to the attention: The Human Resources and Administration Manager, Private Bag X033, and Gaborone, Botswana. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, they can be hand delivered to:- The African Comprehensive HIV/ AIDS Partnerships (ACHAP) Head Office at Block 5, Plot 64511, Unit 1, Fairgrounds, Gaborone, Botswana.
Closing date for applications: 2nd December 2016