Based in Francistown Botswana.
Good options for growth and personal development.
Candidate must be willing to relocate.
Negotiable package based on qualifications and experience, which may include incentive options.
THIS IS NOT A ROTATION BASED POSITION BUT TO BE PERMANENTLY EMPLOYED IN BOTSWANA
Formal qualifications in Mechanical or Structural Steel Engineering;
Aged between 35 – 45 years ;
Experience in Structural Steel fabrication and erecting
Managing sites with crews of up to 100 Artisans/Welders/Riggers of various skill level;
Flexibility to travel freely throughout Sub-Saharan Africa
- Liaison and co-operation with the service functions of accounting, job costing, debtors and creditors.
- Ensure that company assets: stock and wip, equipment, machinery and tools under your control are looked after and maintained cost effectively.
- Ensuring that man hours, materials and consumables are correctly allocated to the respective jobs and contracts.
- Reviewing job cost sheets and raising queries on misallocation, investigating overruns on labour, material and consumable costs and taking corrective action. Produce monthly reports summarizing each job, their costs and profitability.
- Being proactive to changes in the market place with regards to price, delivery and workload so that adjustments can be made to quoted prices, raw material purchasing and manpower requirements to optimize outputs and minimize costs.
- Ensuring that all transactions are in the best interests of the company and that conditions of offer/acceptance are stipulated/negotiated to minimize debtors collection days and satisfy company cash flow requirements.
- Enforce the Company’s disciplinary policy, and provide the necessary support the Workshop
- Supervisors in the enforcement of discipline of the Workshop staff.
Provide the necessary training (internal/external) to ensure efficient running of the Company.Production
- Management of the Workshop using the proven techniques of planning, organizing, leading and control of outputs and quality.
- Be responsible for the profitable manufacture and completion of all work and jobs in the company to the satisfaction of the customers which includes quality and delivery.
- Optimize and control man hours to agreed pre-set levels.
- Liaison and co-operation with the marketing, estimating, quality, purchasing and stores functions to ensure optimum completion of the jobs.
- Understanding the technical, quality and delivery requirements of the jobs to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Ensuring that man hours, materials, consumables and maintenance costs are correctly allocated to the respective jobs, contracts and accounting codes. Being proactive to correct any negative variances that may be occurring on any job.
- Be proactive to changes in the workload so that adjustments can be made to optimize outputs and minimize costs.
- Ensuring that workshop, equipment, machines and tools are maintained cost effectively.
- Ensure that housekeeping is to high standard of lay-out, storage, neatness and cleanliness, i.e.: A place for everything and everything in its place.
- Ensure that the safety and first aid are in accordance with the applicable Statutory Instruments and Acts.
- Liaising with customers and independent inspectors in order to satisfy their shop floor requirements.
- Assisting with any other aspects required by the company.
- Estimating / Planning and Design / Drafting
- Understanding customer requirements drawings, specifications, quality and delivery.
- Ensuring that the company’s exposure is clearly defined by specifically including/excluding items on the scope of work.
- Undertaking site and equipment measurements and converting them to working sketches.
- Compiling detailed Bills of Materials, item take-offs from drawings, sketches and data sheets and arranging material optimization (nesting etc).
- Interpreting data sheets and specifications into sketches that can be estimated from.
- Obtaining accurate competitive costs of materials from suppliers and stock and liaising with subcontractors and works to estimate realistic manpower inputs and delivery times.
- Understanding and applying relevant design and manufacturing codes of practice (ASME, API) and standards so that accurate cost estimates and drawings
- Preparing and presenting detailed and accurate quotations, proposals and contracts.
- Collecting relevant technical books and brochures to build up a technical data base.
- Being fully computer literate and competent on the relevant computer packages, Auto Cad,
- Inventor and other relevant software.
- Liaising with and providing service to the other departments in ensuring the jobs are processed expediently into the works and that specification, quality and delivery are compiled with.
- Undertake courses and studies to fully understand the metallurgy, fabrication and welding of stainless steels.
- Filing estimates quotations and drawings in a neat, orderly and retrievable manner.
- Processing estimates and MRP onto the Syspro system and keeping overall job planning and resources live.
- Assisting management with projects where necessary.
- Compare estimates with actual to modify estimating methodology.
- Compiling strike rate statistics to evaluate competitiveness.
- Any other duties required by management in any of the associated companies.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Reaching pre-agreed budgets, sales gross margin, gross profit and manpower ratios for the division.
- Ensuring that the division can grow at budgeted levels.
- Having zero jobs rejected by customers (Uncompromising Quality).
- Attaining ISO 9001/2008 Registration.
- Keeping scrap and rework below 3%.
- Have no accidents or lost time incidents.
- Debtors days average 45 days or less.
- Ensuring that the Division grows at least 16% per annum
- Building long term relation