Main purpose of the job:
To ensure ACHAP’s Sub-Recipients (SRs) comply to funder and ACHAP policies through review of activities and developing capacity within SR organisations.
- Ensures that reporting and budgeting are done in compliance with Funder requirements;
- Reviews sub-grantee/recipient policies, reports, processes and documentation to ensure activities are in-line with grants management policies and systems;
- Develops and amends grant agreements to support effective management of projects;
- Communicates policies, systems and best practices to sub-recipients and supports them to develop appropriate policies, processes, and systems;
- Provides technical support to Project Leads in reviewing Sub-Recipient technical and financial reports;
- Provides technical support to Project Leads in responding to funder requirements and requests related to Sub-Recipient activities;
- Performs other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Minimum qualifications and experience required:
- Degree or HND in Public/Business Administration, Finance, Development or related area;
- Five (5) years in grants management and/or financial/operational systems environment;
- Experience providing technical assistance or capacity building to NGOs/CBOs preferred;
- Familiarity working with governments and public health institutions;
- A law degree or prior experience working with legal documents an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Grants management principles
- Project management
- Strong communication/ negotiation skills
- Contracting and Agreements
Application letter and CV should be addressed to the attention: The Human Resources and Administration Manager, Private Bag X033, and Gaborone, Botswana. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to: email@example.com. Alternatively, they can be hand delivered to:- The African Comprehensive HIV/ AIDS Partnerships (ACHAP) Head Office at Block 5, Plot 64511, Unit 1, Fairgrounds, Gaborone, Botswana.
Closing date for applications: 2nd December 2016