Bolux Group has an immediate opportunity for a Group Finance Manager in Ramotswa, Botswana. The Group Finance Manager will be involved in a number of activities to include but not limited to financial reporting, general ledger management, accounting system administration and relationship management. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will also maintain regular communication with the Accounting Group of our United States Partners.
Job functions include:
Financial Accounting and other Reporting
- Production of financial statements (Finpaks) in accordance with local and US GAAP.
- Timely and accurate of submission of Finpaks to the CEO and the US Partners
- Coordination and execution of annual external audits and periodic internal audits.
- Execution of efficient and accurate closing procedures with appropriate documentary control evidence.
- Primary liaison with financial institutions.
- Oversee execution of daily transactions.
- Primary cheque Signatory for all company payments.
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of hardware and network environment.
- Responsible for compliance with global IT standards which include disaster recovery and backup routines.
- Lead software initiatives which improve company reporting.
Risk Management & Internal Controls
- Responsible for design and execution of internal control environment to ensure protection of and accounting for all company owned assets.
- Completion of Sarbanes Oxley required documentation to fulfill requirements of Partners.
- Negotiation, implementation and coordination of company insurance programs in accordance with local requirements.
- Manage all corporate taxation (income, VAT, sales, etc.) with objective of tax minimization in accordance with local practices and laws.
- Management oversight of all local financial accounting staff to ensure proper execution of all above objectives.
- Ensure weekly reporting to Partners is accurate and timely.
- 10+ years prior accounting experience.
- US CPA or CA required; 2+ years Big 4 Audit experience preferred.
- Experience managing a multifunctional accounting and fi nance department.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience reporting financials in accordance with US GAAP required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Closing date and application instructions
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates must apply in writing and enclose an up to date CV and certified copies of relevant certificates. Apply to:
The Group Human Resources Manager
Bolux Group (Pty) Ltd
Bolux Group (Pty) Ltd
Closing date: 15th July 2016
Powered by Jobs Botswana