Botswana, South Africa
Salary: Executive Package offered
Recruiter: Pollock & Associates
Job Ref: 3067
As Public Officer of the Company, the position encompasses all aspects and responsibilities of the Financial and Administrative functions of the Company.
- Protect the Company by not placing the company at legal, commercial or technical risk.
- Ensure that the companies are run according to the relevant statutory instruments and Acts.
- Uphold and apply good corporate governance with the highest of honesty and integrity.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Show open minded team spirited cooperation with the Management team.
Your duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage accounting staff and associated administration staff.
- Prepare payments and capture: accounts payable, hourly paid wages, intercompany transfers, and sundry ad hoc payments on both the electronic banking system and manual cheques;
- Online banking payments will be submitted and authorized on Online banking by the Group based at Head Office in Gauteng.
- Capture duly authorised transaction timeously and accurately;
- Record activities in a transparent way so that other users would easily and fully understand how transactions were processed;
- Prepare monthly supporting schedules every month;
- Prepare monthly reports to monitor and analyse operating results against budget and forecasts each month. Highlight problem areas to the Directors;
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements;
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts;
- Maintain and adapt controls to safeguard company assets;
- Support Directors in overall Company Management
- Support and assist the Directors;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Directors
Critical Success Factors:
- Accurate and meaningful management reports by the 15th of each month;
- Accurate year end reports within 2 months of the year end;
- Statutory and GAAP compliance;
- Making payments to the correct beneficiaries
- Chartered Accountant (SA);
- Management qualification beneficial;
- At least five to ten years (post articles) of experience in an accounting position structural steel fabrication, structural design, drawing and detailing;
- Flexibility to travel freely throughout Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Fully Microsoft Office literate;
Remuneration is assessed on individual experience and qualifications
Committed, hardworking, self-motivated with high initiative, irreproachable integrity and honesty, pragmatic, effective, energetic