Purpose of the role
To define, develop and oversee the end to end collections function in the business unit and drive the collections strategy and synergies as well as manage and control pre-legal and legal recovery operations for FNB Botswana, to minimise provisions and maintain arrears at acceptable levels.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To lead and manage the Collections Department pre legal and legal recoveries for Home Loans, First Card, Overdraft accounts, Loan accounts and Wesbank for the entire bank
- Maintenance of loss provisions within agreed business strategy parameters to ensure receipt of proceeds to minimise losses and maximise profits.
- To reduce the age of the arrears book to lower NPL ratio and achievement of higher profits for the Bank
- Evaluate and authorise provisions and write-offs within discretionary limits.
- Evaluate and authorise requests for credit rating changes of previous defaulting clients within limits of delegated authority and refer others to superior.
- Prepare committee papers depending on levels of delegated authority to ensure speedy decision making and action..
- Interview customers concerning their financial position, assess, evaluate and decide course of future action to ensure recovery of bad debts or alternatively restore or regularise accounts.
- Liaise with debt collection agencies to recover funds for written off accounts to improve the financial bottom line of the bank.
- Liaise with Trustees and liquidators to ensure the appropriate recovery when dealing with estates.
Experience, qualifications required for this role are as follows:
- Business or Finance or Accounting or Professional qualification e.g. CIMA, ACCA
- 5-8 years’ relevant experience
- A comprehensive understanding of credit risk policies and relevant strategic principles designed to protect portfolio quality.
- Good knowledge of Botswana’s legal framework
- Abreast with economical/market/legal changes and apply innovative thinking to proactively effect adaptations in order to ensure an effective and smart collections effort.
Competencies and Skills Required
- Result oriented
- Business acumen/commercial awareness
- Team leadership
- Ability to manage risk and compliance
- Ethical and high Integrity
Closing date and application instructions
Interested applicants are urged to log onto https://www.firstrandjobs.mobi/ and upload their curriculum Vitae’s (CV’s) no later than 27th April 2017