:14 Jun 2016 – 25 Jun 2016
To focus on driving the Trading and Sales initiatives and ensuring successful delivery of objectives, whilst guiding the Trading and Sales teams to meet their objectives. This includes overall responsibility and accountability for growth in the client base, distribution of new products and meeting income target
Key actions to include:
• Taking responsibility for supporting the regional Head of Markets sales in achieving the sales objectives as per the head of Markets sales job profile, to include sign off of the sales strategy, management of the sales client portfolio and implementation of broader Barclays Africa sales and distribution as well as broader Corporate & Investment Banking initiatives. Working closely with the regional heads of sales in managing the local sales teams and head of sales
• Developing and maintaining client relationships at a senior level with the top 20 banked clients and the top 10 non-banked corporate
• Ensuring a close working relationship with the Barclays Africa Sales team to drive sales initiatives such as Risk Management Products (RMP’s) and Fixed Income (FI) sales
• Supporting RMP’s through the country new product process
• Drive the Barx Africa and Front Arena agendas in country and any markets related projects
Accountability: Provide Strategic Leadership
• Responsible for developing and executing trading strategies in line with the overarching strategy for the Business Unit.
• Responsible for the continuous supervision of processing and execution of all asset management deals in the market.
• Monitor and review traders performance and approves activities concerned with the execution of trading strategies.
• Monitor and review Sales performance and approves activities concerned with the execution of sales strategies
• Scan the markets for opportunities, projection and review recommendations based on thorough research and analysis of different sectors, industry and companies, in order to set price targets.
• Lead and evaluate the performance of individual traders based on business development, and investment departments’ jobs handed to each trader.
• Ensures that the daily transactions and activities conform to the set business goals and objectives.
• Bsc-degree or a related equivalent qualification
• ACI Dealing Certificate
• Post graduate qualification an added advantage
• 3-5 years experience in a similar role
• 10 years banking experience
• 10 years experience in managing a Trading environment
• 5 years experience on a senior management level in a large corporate