University of Maryland Baltimore in Botswana is advertising for the following position to support its work in the country and invites all qualified staff to apply:
Position: Health Management Specialist (1 Position)
Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor – Supply Chain & Program Management
Location: Molepolole (Subject to change)
The position holder will provide direct support to the District Health Management Team (DHMT) to improve the DHMT’s oversight and management role for HIV/AIDS services delivery in the district. The position holder will ensure that clinical and management information generated within the district is used to inform key decisions affecting resource prioritization and general district health system performance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that site level service performance information is communicated to the DHMT
- Promote Data Demand and Information Use culture within the DHMT
- Support plans for development of healthcare network in the district connecting all levels of the health care system to ensure effective collaborative care.
- Drive the Performance Dashboard Review forums within the district
- Support integration of the program’s activities within the DHMT’s plans
- Support development and implementation of sustainability agenda within the district for long-term implementation of activities supported by the program
- Determine needs of the DHMT that can be supported by the program
- Act as the main liaison between the program and the DHMT
- Using information generated by the program through site assessment and performance review to develop recommendations to the DHMT for resource re-allocation and/or prioritization
- Support DHMT’s continuous quality improvement agenda in collaboration with program CQI and national level CQI teams
- Support the DHMT to adapt national level HIV/AIDS policies and plans
- Support the DHMT to develop and implement innovative HIV/AIDS service delivery models that aim to improve efficiency in the process of care delivery
- Any other duty that may be assigned to him/her by the supervisor.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Health Related Field
- Proven competence in health planning
- Experience in public health programming
- Familiarity with quality improvement activities in health care
- At least 3 years of experience in management consulting or coaching for process improvement
- Advanced Computer skills (At least intermediate proficiency in the use of the MS Office Suite especially Excel and Word)
- Excellent writing, communication and negotiation skills
- Flexibility & Adaptability to multi task in an ever changing environment
- Excellent organization and coordination skills.
The University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) works around the world to enhance capacity of governments and its partner institutions to improve quality of health services through targeted human capital development, systems development, and institutionalization of quality improvement initiatives.
Building on experience in more than 15 countries, UMB in Botswana through the Botswana University of Maryland School of Medicine Health Initiative (BUMMHI) has received funding from the United States Government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention through the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to support the Ministry of Health (MOH) and its institutions at all levels of the healthcare system to improve quality of services focusing on HIV/ AIDS care and treatment including training and Prevention-of-Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) Option B+ program implementation.
Closing date and application instructions
- All applications should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone and email address.
- All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
- Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
- Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
- All applicants should include daytime phone contact information.
- Deadline for application is March 03, 2017, 5.00 PM Botswana Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- University of Maryland at Baltimore (UMB) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other status variable.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.