Purpose of Role:
SGS Bateman seeks the services of a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager. The main function within this role is to support, promote, and drive continuous improvement for QHSE statutory requirements, policies, procedures and practices as described in the Corporate Quality, Health, and Safety and Environmental framework.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To provide SHEQ function strategies
- To manage and oversee the overall administration of the SHEQ function
- To adopt and implementing SHEQ systems
- To oversee and advice with:
- Execution of approved Environmental, Health and Safety Plans in order to ensure legal and company procedural compliance.
- Evaluation, selection and purchase of Personal Protective Equipment and if required the
- Collective Protective Equipment
- Reviewing tender submissions, enquiries and responses for compliance with Company,
- Client and other project specific requirements
Safety Management qualification is essential.( Diploma/Degree in Managing HSE) Min 5 years’ experience in Safety Management position within Metals and Minerals Industry.
Individual needs to be proactive, professional and leads by example.
Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Business acumen
- Interpersonal skills
- Management Skills
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates, who meet the specified criteria, are invited to mail their CV’s as soon as
possible to: P/Bag 047, Lobatse
Closing date: 20th October 2017