We are looking for an experienced Hotel Manager to oversee daily operations as well as provide strategic direction of a lodge based in Maun, Botswana. It is important for the hotel manager to be involved in, and be responsible for all aspects of the lodge’s operations. The Hotel Manager will be the key person of reference for employees and clients as well as external vendors. The hotel manager must be able to guide the employees to work as a well-functioning team. Therefore, the ideal candidate must be a team player and an effective leader, able to set examples and foster a climate of cooperation.
- Supervise work at all levels (receptionists, kitchen staff, housekeepers, grounds staff , administrative employees etc.) and set clear objectives
- Plan tasks and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyse and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the lodge’s services
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners etc.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
- Proven experience as Hotel Manager or relevant role with a minimum of 5-7 years
- Fluent in both English and Setswana
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a strong business mind-set
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail
Only interested candidates who meet the above requirements should apply by providing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) giving full details of their academic/professional qualifications, experience and at least three (3) traceable referees to:
The HR Manager
P.O. Box 21071
Hand deliver to: Lil-Que Consultants, Office 304, Central Square CBD, Gaborone
Closing date: 30 November 2016
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO