Provides innovative HR business partner solutions to allocated business/function teams. Create and sustain a good industrial relations climate within the Businesses to support the optimal use of the Botswana Power Corporation Human Resources to meet Business objectives. Partners with staff at all levels of the business, utilizing HR domain expertise, analytical skills, change leadership, influence and effective communication to drive business results.
The successful incumbent will be accountable and responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Partners with leaders, managers and front line supervisors to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities
- Focus on increasing the talent quotient and driving improvements as per the BPC Talent Management Model
- Drives leader-led ownership of performance and talent management, employee engagement and individual development.
- Initiates workforce analysis and organization design activities with business leadership to ensure structure and staffing levels are proactively managed to meet short and long term business goals and desired retention is achieved.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of key HR activities/[programmes to support the business/function , in attracting, motivating, retaining and developing the highest caliber of people
- Ensure that change management activities within the business that have employee impact are managed in a timely, professional, and lawful manner and that communications regarding change are clear, concise and consistent.
- Ensures core HR processes (e.g. performance, talent reviews, compensation, talent acquisition, etc.) are clearly communicated and understood by managers and supervisors within the business/function.
- Recommends process improvements or changes that will improve the effectiveness and/or efficiency of operations.
- Builds relationships with specialists and the BPC HR Community to create learning opportunities and share best practices.
- Executes on BPC strategic HR initiatives e.g. Resourcing, Personal Development Plans, Career Development Plans, Technical/Management Skills Training Needs, Succession Planning, Performance Management Processes, Graduate Recruitment, Mid – Career Recruitment, Transfers and Promotions
- Demonstrates HR Leadership Expectations and lives BPC Values. Inspires others to achieve excellence and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Ensure timely induction of all new employees
- Helps ensure harmonious working relations within the business/function, and that any areas of conflicts, grievance and discipline are promptly resolved within laid down procedures and in accordance with the Service Level Agreements.
- Ensures that all safety and loss control standards (Safety Health and Environmental) contained in the Corporation’s standards are adhered to.
- Undertake such other related duties as directed by the supervisor.
Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources Management or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years relevant post qualification experience
- Of the above, at least three (2) years must be in HR middle management position in a multi discipline environment
- Experience and knowledge of Human Resources best practices
- Strategic thinking
- HR Planning and Forecasts
- Performance Management
- Employee Selection and Recruitment
- Financial Acumen
- Relationship Building and Management
- Communication, Influence and Impact
- Research Skills
- Policy Development and Review
- Computer literacy
- Planning and Organisation Skills
- Decision Making
- Change Management
- Financial Acumen
- Visionary Leadership
- Creativity and Innovation
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team Leadership and Motivation
- Position HR as a strategic business partner
- Seamless provision of HR Quality Services;
- Ensure adherence to HR policies, practices as well as statutory requirements
- High performance Culture
- Change and diversity Management