* BOPEU -Babereki Investments
To plan, organise, and control the provision of data management and information technology services to ensure the availability of secure, robust and appropriate IT functions to meet the data and information management needs of the Botswana Public Employees Union, Babereki Investments and all its subsidiaries.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent.
Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in the field with five (5) of which in an Information Technology and Data Management, and practical hands on knowledge of data bases and networked systems.
Familiarity with office applications and shared data base management.
1. Availability and security of IT services.
2. Customer satisfaction
3. ICT Operational Strategy
4. Policy and ICT Framework Development
5. Business Continuity and Framework Development
6. Project Management
7. Data Integtrity,Quality
CORE-ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPOSIBILITIES:
1. Develops, and manages all Information Technology systems, services and infrastructure owned and used by THE Union and its affiliated organisations.
2. Develops and implements IT services policies and procedures and ensures that they are aligned to meet the overall Union strategy.
3. Conducts systems analysis, design and specification services to meet the service delivery requirements of the organisation.
4. Develops and implements effective IT plans and processes for risk management and disaster recovery.
5. Works with external Information Technology support companies to facilitate the provision of customised software application implementation.
6. Ensures the implementation of data security and conducts selected application backups.
7. Prepares and manages IT budget and recommends expenditure on capital equipment.
8. Manages outsourced service suppliers to ensure adherence with negotiated SLAs.
9. Monitors the use of technological services and identifies areas of underutilisation, misuse or over utilisation
10. Recommends and advises senior management on the purchase and disposal of hardware and software.
11. Ensures that end users are trained in utilisation of IT systems and applications.
12. Maintains data security and allocation of passwords etc to ensure security of system and access to information.
13. Installs and commissions applications and extensions to network;
14. liaises with Web administrator to ensure security and availability of BOPEU web site and interactive communication systems with members.
15. Any other duties as required by the supervisor
Planning and Organising
Diagnostic thinking and problem solving
Certifications: MSCE/ MSCA/CCNA,/.net,
• Competitive salary
• Contributory Pension Scheme (employer pays 12%; employee 5%)
• Generous Leave of 24 days per annum
• Group Life Cover
• Optional Funeral Scheme cover
• Medical Aid (employer pays 50%, employee 50%)
HOW TO APPLY
Submit an Application
Certified Copies of certificates,
Grand Union Building
Plot 54374/Block C
Human Resource Manager
Babereki Investments (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 1708 AAD
NB: Only short listed candidates will be responded to
Preference will be given to BOPEU members.
No E-mail OR Fax Applications will be accepted
CLOSING DATE: 31.JULY.2016