Our Client is a company that was formed to administer the central register for non-statutory deductions from the government’s payroll, to protect stakeholder members and other governmental employees from over committing their salaries, to promote government’s minimum take home, to provide financial skill to its stakeholder members and other governmental employees and to provide information technology products and services.
Our Client is seeking committed and enthusiastic Independent Board Members with a background in Finance and Law, who are strategic and analytical in their thinking.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Preparing for and attending Board meetings as required
- Keeping up to date with issues by reading and attending training/briefing sessions
- To participate in the management and control of the company through activities such as;-
- Setting the strategy and structure
- Reviewing and monitoring implementation of management strategic plans
- Exercising accountability to shareholders and being responsible to stakeholders
- Financial monitoring and control
- Establishing plans, policies and objectives
- Ensuring plans are implemented and evaluating performance
- Reviewing activity and deciding on appropriate action
- Review the Company’s financial controls and reporting systems.
- Review and approve the Company’s financial statements and financial reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidates should have a background in at least one of the fields below;
- Law (Min, Bachelor of Laws – LLB)
8 years’ experience inclusive of corporate governance knowledge and understanding. Be an Admitted Attorney in the Court of Botswana, and a member of the Law Society of Botswana.
- Finance (Min, CIMA, ACCA)
8 years’ experience inclusive of corporate governance knowledge and understanding. Be a member of Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Only interested candidates who meet the above requirements should apply by providing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) giving full details of their academic/professional qualifications, experience and at least three (3) traceable referees to:
The HR Manager
P.O. Box 21071
Hand deliver to: Lil-Que Consultants, Office 304, Central Square, New CBD, Gaborone.
Closing date: 12 April 2017
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO