Main purpose of the job: The role reports to Course Manager
To engage with the financial services sector and to teach modules in insurance courses at the COP, ICBS, Licentiate, and Associate Diploma levels. The courses are offered in partnership with the Insurance Institute of South Africa (IISA) up to the Associate level qualification. The post holder will customize teaching materials, interpret programme aims and learning outcomes, employ appropriate assessment methods and work in collaboration with the BAC Course Manager and the IISA.
Key Performances Areas
• Contribute to teaching and learning across the courses;
• Engage with key industry stakeholders in the financial services sector;
• Identify opportunities in the financial services sector to grow the business
• Providing academic advice to students, colleagues and other key stakeholders;
• Coordinate and engage in consultancy related activities;
• Facilitating short courses and conducting seminars, workshop and conferences.
Competencies & Skills required:
• Partnership and business development
• Student advice and Guidance
• Customer orientation
• Results orientated
• Problem Analysis and Solving
• Interpersonal Skills
• Communication Skills
• Attention to details
Experience & Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in Business Management and Administration (or related field), PLUS the Licentiate Diploma or Associate Diploma in Insurance.
• Trainer of Trainers certificate; recognized by BQA as Assessor / Moderator.
• At least five (5) year experience working in the insurance industry and have a good understanding of the financial services sector;
• At least two (2) teaching in tertiary education sector.
Should be Emailed to :
email@example.com before close of business on 22nd September 2017