BAYPORT FINANCIAL SERVICES
Vacancy: IT Technician (Intern)
Bayport Financial Services is looking for an intern in our IT Department.
As the IT technical resource, the incumbent is responsible for IT service management on a daily basis. Assists with overall improvement and on-going administration of all key hardware infrastructure and specific software applications that ensure optimum delivery of daily business as usual. Provide optimum support to achieve required internal customer satisfaction by engaging directly with external service providers that provide key services such as connectivity, telephony, hardware support as well as external counter-parties and internal peers across all main functions. Will be directly involved with IT asset management, data centre support, user support administration and IT disaster recovery to name just a few.
LOCATION: Gaborone Head Office
– Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports. Assist with development of strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
– Hardware and user support and administration, ensuring that all work stations are operating as per user requirement and company policy.
– Software installation and troubleshooting.
– Interaction with all service providers as and when required to ensure that defined service level agreements deliverables are achieved.
– Involved directly with users to provide daily support and administration.
– Adding and removing printers, scanners and other network periphery as required by the users/functions.
– Degree/Diploma Information Technology or Computer Science
– ITIL Foundation certification
– Industry/Vendor specific certification desirable(HP/Linux/Microsoft/Fortinet/Cisco
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email their applications forms to: email@example.com
Closing date: 24 March 2017