A Guide to the United States’ History of Recognition, Diplomatic, and Consular Relations with Botswana.
The Human Resources (HR) Office in at the U.S. Embassy in Gaborone manages the Employment Program for all agencies represented in the Mission, including jobs located in Francistown, Selebi Phikwe, and Gaborone.
The HR Office uses PNET, a commercial internet recruitment site, to advertise all of its positions. If you are interested in applying for vacant positions, you are required to link to the PNET online advertising and application facility. At this site you can search for positions in Botswana to find a list of the Mission’s vacant positions for which you will be able to register and apply. The HR Office at the U.S. Embassy in Gaborone has exclusive rights to the information submitted by applicants to its PNET account.
For best results the HR Office recommends the use of an updated internet web browser such as Internet Explorer 9.0 or Google Chrome.
- You are required to complete a U.S. Mission Employment Registration Form on the pnet website in order to apply for vacant positions.
- Once you have registered, you will receive an e-mail that contains your username and password. Your username and password are required to log in and apply for a vacant position. (Please note that you only need to register one time to apply for our vacant positions. So, keep your username and password safe for future use.)
- Once you have registered, you must return to the pnet website to log-in and apply for a vacant position.
- You are required to complete an online Employment Application for each position for which you apply. The Employment Application is linked to the vacancy announcement.
- The U.S. Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Do not include information regarding your race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation in your CV or resume.
- You may attach your resume/CV. Please be prepared to produce copies of all certificates or degrees earned upon request.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veteran’s preference must specify that they have a DD-214 in their resume/CV or cover letter to be considered as a U.S. Veteran and a copy of the DD-214 will be required before an interview is scheduled. If you claim conditional preference status as a U.S. veteran and are selected for an interview, you must provide proof of eligibility before an interview is scheduled; a copy of your current military orders or a letter on official military letterhead signed by the commanding officer that states the type of service and that you are in active duty status.
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION THAT FOLLOWS TO ENSURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND OUR EMPLOYMENT POLICIES AND APPLICATION PROCEDURES BEFORE NAVIGATING TO THE PNET SITE.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy (EEO)
The U.S. Mission in Botswana provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status or sexual orientation. To the extent that any information related to the foregoing is collected or incidentally revealed, whether by PNET or otherwise, such information shall not be used in connection with any hiring, promotion or other decisions related to employment made by the U.S. Mission to Botswana.
Who Can Apply: All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of Botswana or legally eligible to work in Botswana accordance with Botswana’s Immigration Act.
Eligible Family Members (EFMs) or Members of Household (MOHs) on official orders who derive their eligibility to work in the Mission from their US direct-hire sponsor who is assigned to Botswana, may apply for positions prior to their arrival in Botswana.
Applicants for employment must be at least 18 years of age. Based on local prevailing practice, the Mission has also established a mandatory retirement age of 60 for any employee covered by the Local Compensation and Benefits Plan.
Employees currently on probationary status are not eligible to apply. Currently employed USEFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) and Not-Ordinarily Residents (NORs) hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a temporary part-time or intermittent position.
Powered by Jobs Botswana