The U.S. Mission in Botswana is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Motor Pool Supervisor. OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources CLOSING DATE: December 7, 2016 WORK HOURS:Full-time 40 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the general supervision of the Logistics Manager, incumbent manages the development, implementation, and administration of the Motor Pool program from the standpoint of funds, staff, facilities, program equipment, and other resources. Plans, directs and coordinates motor pool operations and maintenance for the Embassy and associated agencies. Directly responsible for fleet management and preventive maintenance of approximately 54 vehicles. Oversees the preparation of required reports, monitors fuel consumption and mileage, and ensures that procurement of parts, fuel and other automotive services are consistent with United States Government or local regulations. Directly supervises a Dispatcher and approximately 8 drivers in the motor pool.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
1. EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school or equivalent required. Two years of secondary schooling with some vocational or technical training may be substituted.
2. EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience as a dispatcher
3. LANGUAGE: Level III English (good working knowledge) and Level IV Setswana (fluent).
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must possess valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. Typing at 25 WPM plus familiarity with computerized data entry is necessary for information entry and report preparation duties. Must display good customer service.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Good working knowledge of automotive maintenance operations and vehicle safety.
MORE AND APPLY
Powered by Jobs Botswana