With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Junior Civil Engineer – Botswana Citizenship Required
The Junior Civil Engineer will be part of an engineering team providing Project Management, Technical, Supervision and mentoring of support staff for civil projects in Gaborone, Botswana. The Junior Civil Engineer is responsible for preparing engineering calculations, technical specifications, data sheets and reports for both front end planning studies and the detailed engineering phase for multi-disciplinary projects.
- Assist the Lead Civil Engineer with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, quantities, cost and schedule
- Prepare Engineering Work Packages (EWPs) in consultation with the Lead Civil Engineer
- Perform conceptual and detailed engineering design
- Prepare engineering calculations
- Prepare technical specifications
- Prepare data sheets
- Prepare and/or review project procedures, standard specifications and design criteria
- Participate in and contribute to design reviews
- Carry out assigned tasks within budget and schedule
- Stamp documents and drawings as required and if appropriately registered
- Assist in defining project scope
- Review and evaluate technical work prepared by junior engineers, intermediate engineers, designers, technicians and technologists
- Ensure co-ordination with designers and engineers within the civil discipline and with other disciplines.
- Construction supervision and management dependent upon project demands
- Assist in the commissioning on site as required
- Assist in compilation and incorporate the safety in design plan.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/B.Eng degree in civil engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer/Technologist. Alternatively, registration as a Candidate Professional Engineer actively working towards Professional Registration
- Minimum five years project engineering experience
- Experience in civil design/consultancy ideally within a similar large engineering or multi-disciplinary project environment
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
- Sound understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards
- Use of AutoCad, Bentley, and Civil Designer Software
- Report writing
- Technical design and drawings
- Preparation of contract documents
- Project management of projects
- Quality management
- Team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive, friendly and extrovert by nature
- English speaking (Setshwane would be advantageous)
- Confident and well groomed
- Self motivated and self improver
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.