VACANCY CIRCULAR NO: 2 OF 2017
LAND SURVEYOR I – C1 X 1 tenable at Artesia Sub Land Board
SALARY: C1 (P134 484 – P160 704 per annum)
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum.
• Optional contributory Medical aid scheme (Government pays 50 % and employee pays 50%)
• Contributory Pension Scheme (Government pays 15 % and employee pays 5 %)
QUALIFICATIONS: BSc in Geomatics or related fields
EXPERIENCE: At least 1 year experience as Land Surveyor II in public service or equivalent in the private sector
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To carry out, in accordance with Land Survey Act, survey services in cadastral, geodetic, topographical and engineering survey for provision of land information.
• Checks and computes the final data plan and submits for examination and approval, together with the field data, working plan and approved layout plan in terms of the Land Survey Act.
• Analyses and interprets approved plans from District Council and Town and Regional Planning Board. Computes and detects overlaps or gaps and records all mutations in land (Physical Planning duty)
• Adjusts the approved layout plan by realigning plot boundaries to ensure that the computed layout is accommodated accordingly and demarcates land into residential, industrial, commercial and farms.
• Identifies and physically locates property boundaries, District, Game Reserve, Forest Reserves and Tribal boundaries as defined in the statutes.
• Frames survey diagrams for registration of title.
• Carries out geodetic survey by utilising Global Positioning Systems (GPS), GLONASS, Galileo and/or Astronomy technology and densifies control in areas where it is sparse and investigates apparent and/or suspected discrepancies in the network control.
• Carries out engineering surveys for preparation of Base map.
• Provides expert evidence at Courts and Land Board during land disputes, doubts, uncertainty, or ambiguity warranting action under Land Survey Act. (Not frequent)
• Produces and maintains coordinate database which would be used for the survey of a layout as per the Land Survey Act.
• Allocates and registers LOT Numbers in the relevant ledger and ensures that there are no duplications of numbers of surveyed plots. (Activity)
• Updates cadastral databases and reports/advises on allocated and vacant land parcels. (Captured at 4.18)
• Reviews and monitors performance of supervisees
• Compiles information on the needs of the department for the preparation of the annual budget estimates.
• Monitors the implementation of layout plans produced for the various villages with a view to compiling a database of the same.
• Undertakes any other related duties as assigned by management
Applicants should quote the vacancy circular number giving the following details;
a. Full names, addresses and date of birth
b. Qualifications supported by certified copies of certificates, Omang and 3 recent references. Certified copies should not exceed 6 months.
c. Detailed summary of career with duties (C.V)
d. Your application should entail:
i. Date of first appointment
ii. Present post and date of appointment thereto
iii. Present salary scale
All applications must be routed through the Heads of Departments. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
RESPONSE WILL BE ACCORDED TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Applications should be addressed to:
Land Board Secretary
Kgatleng Land Board
Private Bag 004
Hand deliver to:
Kgatleng Land Board
Closing date: 22 March 2017.
For further information please contact the Human Resources Unit